My Sad Loss

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozdevil

Reaction score
Today being Saturday the 31st of july has been a very hard day in my life "the buriel of my grandmother who died on Thursday the 29th of July 2004.... Which meant on friday i had to leave for tassie (opening of trout season and cant go fishing)

I had to do alot of things today that i have never dreamed that i would have to do and i had to really force myself to do

I may seem an overly loud person when around lifes of party form but there is a part of me that has a very sensitive nature death is one of them i can not cope with death... death to me is something i can never get a grasp of

Today being saturday the 31st of july 2004 was the first time in 21 year and 3 days that i visited my grandfathers grave i was then only in grade 6 (approx age 10years 0f age)...today i had to visit that grave after 21 years and and see my grandmother buried ands to realise i will bnever see that grave again to personel reasons (to hard to explain why)

The hardest part of my life sofar was to lift my grand mother to her grave something i didnt want to do...(i nearly drop the casket becuase of the tears and the emotions running from me)

my mother said to me today basically you did alot more then i did becuase when you were living at home you ran her to the doctor for her checkups took her to pay her bills etc

the hardest thing is for me i have lost the closet friend i have ever had on the 29th of july 2004 but i had 88 years of fun knowing this lady and i am very proud to be her grandson... i just wish i could carry on her wayn of life.. a way of life of friendliness love and caring nature...

There is a quote i would like to share with everybody that means alot to me....

"DON'T CRY BECUASE HE/SHE IS GONE. SMILE BECUASE SHE HAS BEEN"

I am a very family oriented person and always put my family ahead of myself and others and always try to put my friends ahead of me....

i have learned many of lessons from my grandmother over the years and i am glad she has told me irregardless wether i ttok notice but always learned she was always right

She left my mother and my Aunty today to meet up with her loving husband and her son up in the pearly gates and making a better life for all her family and her familiesfriends

21 years ago from the 29th of july my granddad died... i dont know wether that was some kinf of uncanny thing or it was meant to be....only my gran knew that and as my gran she had alot of wisdom (unfortunately it didnt rub of on me)

My gran went into hospital at 88 years off age still full of her wisdom and her intellegance went in for her first Major operation that being a pace maker at 88 years of age at the Royal Hobart Hospital.. doctor said she revered from that with flying colours with no hassles and would be arounbd a few more years but still would have shortness of breath....

Anyway another uncanny thing happen Nan left her funeral needs in her unit in full view and when my mother and her sister walked in the unit thursday morning it was starring them in the face where nan said they would be if she was to take the turn for the worse and die

guysi dont know what i am trying too say to make a point or anything but all i know i loved and still do love my grandmother

I would also like to add a song that i feel is a very good one and was sung by an irishman by the name of Charlie Landsbourough and it holds memory for me but can be used for other things as well.. and was played at my grans funeral at her wish and i wish to share with everyone else

Song title....."My forever firend"

Everybody needs a little help sometime
No one stands alone
Makes no difference if you're just a child like me
Or a king upon a throne
For there are no exceptions
We all stand in the line
Everybody needs a friend
Let me tell you of mine
-------
CHORUS:
He's my forever friend
My leave-me-never friend
From darkest night to rainbow's end
He's my forever friend
-------
Even when I turn away He cares for me
His love no one can shake
Even as I walk away He's by my side
With every breath I take
And sometimes I forget Him
My halo fails to shine
Sometimes I'm not His friend
But He is always mine
-------
REPEAT CHORUS:
If you still don't know the one I'm talking of
I think it's time you knew
Long ago and far away upon a cross
My friend died for you
So if you'd like to meet Him
And don't know what to do
Ask my friend into you heart
And He'll be your friend too
-------
REPEAT CHORUS:

He's My Forever Friend

cheers
ozdevil

ozdevil

Commiserations Oz Devil.

My heart felt sympathys and I raise my glass :chug:

Beers,
Doc

Sorry to hear that news Oz,

Please extend my heartfelt sympathy to both yourself and your family.

Regards

Geoff

Beautifully said mate. My thoughts are with you.

Wes.

my thoughts are with you at this sad time mick

regards

dave

Nicely said Oz - my thoughts and sympathys are with you.

i will raise a glass for you today...

Well said, big fella - my deapest sympathys to you and family.....
I raise my glass also.......

Cheers
JSB

Comiserations Ozdevil. My sympathy to you and your family at this time.

Shawn.

Oz Devil, I showed Mrs Wes your beautiful message and she asked me to pass this on - it is tranlated from the original Japanese:

"At my side autumn weed-flowers whisper softly - 'How dear to me are all things that die'"

WAKAYAMA BOKUSIU

Wes.

Sorry to hear that, Oz

Last year I lost an aunt I really cared for as well as an employee and friend of over 7 years

Death sux! My condolences and best wishes

Tom

Oz,

In your time of heavy sadness, I hope we can all ease the burden a little on your spirit.

Everyday, think of your grandma, and try and pass on some of her wisdom to others. Treat other people as she treated you and your grandma will always live on through you. Grandparents have a special way of touching us.

Tears and beers.

thanks everyone

I am back in Adelaide and not in Sunny hobart oppps bloody freezing hobart

I aprreciate everyones comments and i am very glad i could share my feelings with you all...

I am growing stronger as the day goes and crrishing the moments i had with my gran and trying to remember her as the great womanb she was...

thanks people for raising a glass my next brew day is in memory of my gran and it will be named after my grandmother "Ruby Brown"

anyway guys thanks for the wishes totally aprreciated

@ Wessmith

"At my side autumn weed-flowers whisper softly - 'How dear to me are all things that die'"

I do believe in alot of sayings that comes from the orient as they truely believe in there ways and still follow there spiritual ways...

Please thank your wife for coming out and placing that quote as it is so true... as we all dont realise how dear people is to us until after we are gone and buried and how much we miss and love them.. it was very muchg appreciated and thankyou for showing her what i wrote...

anyway all thanks for the wishes and as i said above my next beer is dedicated to the memory of my grandmother "Ruby Brown"

ozdevil

ozdevil

Ozzie the next trout you catch release
From an old fisherman

Refill
ALTBIER

Sorry to hear it Oz.. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back