My Opinion Is That Rudd Is A Ferral

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loser's on the back bench now. Bring on an election.

Elections are a pain in the arse, IMHO.
A month of ridiculous political advertising and bullshit from both sides & mining companies crying poor, then I have to give up 1/2 of a Saturday morning lining up & dodging spruikers just to avoid a fine. Boo.

Why would anyone want an election? To fast track Abbott in?

Liam, i never go to a polling booth, just apply for a postal vote because you will be away on holidays ! Application forms are in the junk mail the candidates send.
Anyone but the madmonk.

Why would anyone want an election? To fast track Abbott in?

Uh huh. 220 billion in debt (240 billion spent in the last 5 years). Gonna take a fair bit of fiscal responsibility to reel that back in. Why wait until 2013.

Howard took over in '96 with 96 billion in debt and turned that around and got us 20 billion or so surplus and another 20 billion in the futures fund.

Sure he had to cut back on education, health, pensions etc... and you can hold it against him but it wouldn't have had to happen if Hawke and Keating didn't run down the country......the recession that we had to have. Now it's time for Abbott to do the same and try to get the country back on track. I'm glad Gillard won. She's going to get annihilated in the next election. I can hardly wait. If only the self-serving pissweak independents will call a no-confidence vote then we can get on with it.

I hope all you Labour voters have enjoyed the cream of the last 5 years. Lived it up. Lived it large. Spent your $900 on something nice and expendable. I put mine in my offset account, but then again I am a Tory. I started tightening my belt and putting all my spare money into my offset as soon as Kevin07 became PM as I knew that bad times may be coming. Smug *******. Useless prick. Useless party.

It's time again for the Liberals to start reeling back the debt. It'll take a decade of belt tightening, and just after the debt is reeled in and there's a surplus, people will forget and vote the next big Labour thing in and the cycle will start again. Good vs Evil. Ying and Yang. Who gives a ****.

I can't believe it's actually possible that someone is so retarded they don't even know how to spell the name of the party governing Australia.

I can't believe it's actually possible that someone is so retarded they don't even know how to spell the name of the party governing Australia.

I can't believe it's actually possible that someone is so retarded that they vote for the Labor party...

But I can pronounce hyper-bole.

Remember we're all part of the AHB forum.......or as Gillard puts it "we are the us".

It wasn't RSnewin that made a pre-forum promise to spell Labor correctly.

Short attention span? Short memory? Glossed over the Hawke/Keating years? Easy fix - don't vote, don't bother complaining.

By 1990 no Australian child will be living in poverty. The only good thing in his favour is that he could neck a beer - and still can.

Why do you assume I'm a Labor voter?

I think staunch Labor and Liberal voters are about equally retarded.

Why do you assume I'm a Labor voter?

I think staunch Labor and Liberal voters are about equally retarded.

I can't see how I assumed anything about you, it was a general statement. I personally swing vote for mayoral, state and federal, but it seems that for the last 20 or so years I'm swinging towards Liberal for my federal vote.

In all honesty I think that I put too much thought into the debate. I'm sure I'd be much happier if Labor was in by a clear majority. I think I'm getting angry at the minority government making deep rooted changes when I believe it has no mandate to do such things. To lie to the public pre-election, to have less votes overall than the Coalition, to manipulate the independents, to bend over backwards for the greens, then have the audacity to bring in lasting changes for the majority of the population based on the minority view, is not my idea of democracy. Maybe I have the wrong idea.

To have Albanese then say that his primary job is "to keep out the Tory's" rather than to lead and govern the country was the final nail in the coffin. **** 'em. Useless bunch of power-hungry pricks. Continuing a trend of the same for the last 20+ years.

Or as Liam_snorkel would say too long;didn't understand

I'm pretty sure Labor had the most votes by far, and they formed a coalition with other parties to make up enough numbers to form a government.

The Liberal/National coalition did form their coalition many moons ago, however neither party is voted for by a substantial majority of Australians, ever, and the philosophical differences between the Libs and Nats are well known, so you can't just say that people that vote for one party agree with the policies of the other party. It's a marriage of convenience only.

What are the deep rooted changes that you are so against? I'm guessing the ETS is the main one?

***Attention Liam_Snorkel. Don't bother reading this. Have another home brew instead***

It's not an ETS, it's a Carbon Dioxide Tax.

I'm fine with tax. Tax it great. Tax keeps things rolling along. We need it. What we don't need is tax upon tax upon tax. We have income tax. Then what we have left over from that we pay GST. Then in conjunction with GST we will now be paying a Carbon Dioxide Tax. They should just call it pollution tax because we all know that CO2 is vital for life on the planet. It's stupid, it's mis-named, it's treating us like idiots. Call it a Pollution Tax, bring it in at the same price as the Chinese, the USA or the Indians (the 3 largest polluters) and we'll go from there. Don't bring it in at 16x the level of the Chinese and expect us to think it's manna from heaven.

Don't get me started on the "citizens assembly" to discuss the carbon tax scheme.

Don't get me started on boat people.

Don't get me started on the live cattle export trade.

Don't get me started on the BER.

Don't get me started on roof bats.

Don't get me started on the NBN.

Don't get me started on the Mining Super Profits Tax which will enable multinational companies to pay ****-all with local Australian owned companies to be priced out of the market.

Don't get me started on the private health rebate.

Don't get me started on Fair Work Australia.

Don't get me started on how Gillard strung the Craig Thompson affair on, and used Fair Work Australia to delay any proceedings.

Don't get me started on how Gillard strung Andrew Wilkie along just long enough for her to get Slipper in and Jenkins out then tells him to pretty much **** off.

Don't get me started on Slipper. 100 years ago he'd be hung drawn and quartered.

I think I'm actually ready to start now.....fire away.

I would love to get you started on the NBN. If you are seriously going to argue that Labor's IT policies are worse than the Liberals I will piss myself laughing.

Rob S even Abbot gives Hawke\Keating kudos for handling the (major) economic reforms of the 80/90s

I rekon the Greens should be in charge...

Bob Brown for PM!!!

***Attention Liam_Snorkel. Don't bother reading this. Have another home brew instead***

Don't get me started on the "citizens assembly" to discuss the carbon tax scheme.

Don't get me started on boat people.

Don't get me started on the live cattle export trade.

Don't get me started on the BER.

Don't get me started on roof bats.

Don't get me started on the NBN.

Don't get me started on the Mining Super Profits Tax which will enable multinational companies to pay ****-all with local Australian owned companies to be priced out of the market.

Don't get me started on the private health rebate.

Don't get me started on Fair Work Australia.

Don't get me started on how Gillard strung the Craig Thompson affair on, and used Fair Work Australia to delay any proceedings.

Don't get me started on how Gillard strung Andrew Wilkie along just long enough for her to get Slipper in and Jenkins out then tells him to pretty much **** off.

Don't get me started on Slipper. 100 years ago he'd be hung drawn and quartered.

I think I'm actually ready to start now.....fire away.

I bet you are a HUGE 2GB listener Rob S. Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:
They care because they are told to care. The TV told them it was serious business.

Back