My Opinion Is That Rudd Is A Ferral

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to know why Tony Abbott is seen as a religious crackpt when there is so many news reports, videos, etc of Kevin Rudd doing interviews outside his church. Don't really recall seeing Tony Abbott outside his church - perhaps he doesn't go to church. Yet Kevin Rudd isn't called a religious crackpot.

Or is it left over from the convict days with the Irish Catholic convicts and their Protestant Church of England masters/overseers/jailers. Sort of a don't trust the catholics as they are all crims and a bit mad.

Consider the two statements:
evin Rudd, was a catholic, now Church of England and goes to church is not a religious crackpot.
Tony Abbott, is a catholic, may or may not go to church and is a religious crackpot.
The difference is that Abbott's religious views influence his policies. As Health Minister he was renowned for it. RU486 was off the table because his religion disagreed with its purpose.
A good friend of mine who was starting up a business in the medical area had a couple of sit downs with him. Abbott's advice to him was that in deciding how to move forward with his business concepts, that first and foremost he should ensure that it complied with good Christian values. That is quoted pretty much word for word.
Sorry, believe anything you want, but religious bias has no place when it comes to my health or the health of my family.

It's pretty amusing to see how almost everyone who posts political opinions on the AHB assumes everyone else on the AHB will be in agreeance. No doubt there are a wide range of personal politics on the board; from deluded self-sufficiency 'experts' to frothing at the mouth right-wing loons, divorced dads with a grievance to politically correct social worker types.

If arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics; then arguing politics on the internet is like not even running. Just turning up and flopping around on the start line like a freshly landed fish.

The difference is that Abbott's religious views influence his policies. As Health Minister he was renowned for it. RU486 was off the table because his religion disagreed with its purpose.
A good friend of mine who was starting up a business in the medical area had a couple of sit downs with him. Abbott's advice to him was that in deciding how to move forward with his business concepts, that first and foremost he should ensure that it complied with good Christian values. That is quoted pretty much word for word.
Sorry, believe anything you want, but religious bias has no place when it comes to my health or the health of my family.

But there's the other piece of misinformation. Senator Brian Harradine was the one who argued it should be illegal and effectively got it passed by virtue of balance of power. Ironically the ALP and Greens also supported the bill.
The amendment, proposed by anti-abortion campaigner and former independent Senator Brian Harradine, was specifically designed to prevent women in Australia from accessing RU486 by giving the health minister veto powers. Federal Coalition support for the amendment was traded for Harradine's support for the partial sale of Telstra. The ALP and one Greens senator also supported Harradine's amendment, but the Democrats voted against.
From here http://www.greenleft.org.au/node/34771

Seems to have been a bipartisan decsion to ban it.

mikec, believe what you like but I at least do some research rather than blindly following other's opinions.

It's pretty amusing to see how almost everyone who posts political opinions on the AHB assumes everyone else on the AHB will be in agreeance.
On a related, though irrelevant, tangent - my ignore list is half full of people who decide that the best way to ingratiate themselves with everyone here when they join up is to start with the racist jokes. "I mean, I'm a racist and I make beer so everyone who makes beer must be - right?"

Anyway, my point is, +1.

It's pretty amusing to see how almost everyone who posts political opinions on the AHB assumes everyone else on the AHB will be in agreeance.

Cant you spot a Stormfront recruitment drive when you see it?

Kevman- touch on the RU486 bill. I would contend that it was not Harradine's idea to give Abbott veto powers, but was asked/encouraged to introduce the bill by the Libs. But I have no proof of this.
That Labor and one of the Greens also supported it is disappointing.

What do you say to the second part of my post? Not following anyone's opinion there, it is a statement of fact.

Super_simian - arguing both religion and politics on the internet at the same time has got to be, what, just crazy!!

Super_simian - arguing both religion and politics on the internet at the same time has got to be, what, just crazy!!
In any context, really - hence many peoples' distaste for Abbott.

What do you say to the second part of my post? Not following anyone's opinion there, it is a statement of fact.

The second part of your post is pure hearsay. You weren't present in the conversations so you can't say word for word what was said. You can't even state that what was said is a fact. That's why I didn't bother with the second part.

Don't take it to heart mikec as I tend to apply the same sort of critical thinking fact finding to most things before I make a decision.
For eg on the Original Topic.
Is Rudd a Feral? I don't think so. He doesn't dress like a feral or speak like a feral. Tends to speak some sort of bureaucrat language.
The video shows that he swears. Gee I get more f#$ks to the minute that Rudd when something goes badly wrong when brewing. Even in the workplace, if it goes badly wrong, I can get more f's to the minute than Rudd. Does swearing make you a feral? If it does, in that case, just about all of Australia is feral.

From what I've read on numerous sources and the turnover of staff, when he was PM, I'd say he would be a difficult boss to work for. Swearing at your staff probably doesn't help matters but then it happens in many other workplaces also (bosses swearing at staff).

It's interesting that the pollie who has trouble connecting with the public (Gillard) seems to have strong support from the people who know and work with her, while Rudd who connects better with the voters is generally disliked by those close to him and those who work for him.
Gillard at least has a record of achieving policy targets and getting legislation through Parliament.
Rudd is too much of a micro manager and clearly not a team player.
He needs to realise he wasn't elected as PM, he was just the leader of the ALP when it won the election.

The second part of your post is pure hearsay. You weren't present in the conversations so you can't say word for word what was said. You can't even state that what was said is a fact. That's why I didn't bother with the second part.

Mate I was close enough to the situation to take it as fact.

On a lighter note -THE WINNER OF LABOR'S LEADERSHIP BATTLE IS...

abbott.jpg

while Rudd who connects better with the voters .

i dont really understand who could like KR... he's got the flip top head & cheesy grin that scares babies

i dont vote labour but personally rather listen to JG, i mean it's just so Australian to have a Ranga PM :D

that's nearly worth them ruining the economy with mad taxes and putting us into HUGE labor debt.....

On a lighter note -THE WINNER OF LABOR'S LEADERSHIP BATTLE IS...

abbott.jpg

Yep. Ol' Tone could put forth policy declaring he will personally sacrifice the firstborn of every family whose name starts with F so he may bathe in their blood thereby helping stave off the effects of age and increasing his triathalon performance and still look like the better alternative. That could almost get me to vote for whichever L party he's Caudillo of atm though.

I'm going to vote for the most fiscally conservative, socially conservative, compassionate conservative, forward thinking, nation building, nation leading party starting with 'L' that I can think of.

After all we need to move backwards to move forwards.

My opinion is that Rudd is an odd, odd man.

After all we need to move backwards to move forwards.

"we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom! "

It's interesting that the pollie who has trouble connecting with the public (Gillard) seems to have strong support from the people who know and work with her, while Rudd who connects better with the voters is generally disliked by those close to him and those who work for him.
Gillard at least has a record of achieving policy targets and getting legislation through Parliament.
Rudd is too much of a micro manager and clearly not a team player.
He needs to realise he wasn't elected as PM, he was just the leader of the ALP when it won the election.

Thats all Julia is.
Who cares if the leader changes. Its the party's policies that matter thats what we should care about when we vote.
Keep the bastards honest except they change their promises when they want.
If they change it at least they could get it right.
F#$kers!

Back