My next mid life crisis - thinking of becoming a mortgage broker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxd

Reaction score
my 3rd mid life crisis I'm thinking of starting a broking business.

My first crisis was looking at buying a pub, I quickly found out I'll have to work longer for less.

My next I wanted to buy broking business for my wife and I, but she doesn't like finance so we bought a building business that she runs (still hasn't recovered from GFC and my wife got cancer so that's on the back burner)

So I'm thinking of a broking business again, I love finance and investing etc..

So is there any brokers here who can tell me I'm crazy

cheers
Matt

My own mid life crisis at 43 consisted of shacking up with a beautiful redhead who was 23 - she left me for an older man.

Next one hasn't arrived yet.

As for mortgages I'm a big fan of Steve Biddulph who writes on men's subjects and family life and has really sorted out a lot of issues in my head. like beautiful redheads for example. His take on mortgages is interesting. A couple go into the bank and fifteen minutes later walk out radiant and happy with a mortgage. In the office the man had handed over one of his testicles which the bank manager puts into the vault with all the other rows of testicles.

Hope you've gotta big safe Matt :lol:

Sorry re the Mrs - my partner beat thyroid cancer 25 years ago and is still chirpy - hope your Mrs likewise.

I assume your a member on somersoft forums?
if not get on there and pick the brains of a few people who do just that.

I have a mate whos a loan broker - but he is also a financial planner and an insurance broker as well.
Its a lot of work from my understanding to get all your bit of paper in order.

A mate of mine is a broker. Its a whole shedload of work and according to him, the market is way down at the moment. Not much new stuff just refinancing.

Given the hours he works, you might want to let the whole cancer thing settle down before taking the plunge. I also know people who have gone through that and that's a whole shedload of work as well.

Best wishes on that BTW...

Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back