My New Ss Braided Manifold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Thanks Batz I finally listened and it works I tried tomake an original layout to try to get coverage it worked a treat

Pumpy

sorry Guys I am having problems loading pics for some reason

Cant see the pic, but i've recently made one of them too. Works a treat, easy to clean, cheap (ish) to build.

I dont know if this works trying top post as a gif. file Pumpy

Yippeeeeee!!!! its a bit solarised but aint it a cracker Pumpy

Pumpy said:
Yippeeeeee!!!! its a bit solarised but aint it a cracker Pumpy
[post="56223"][/post]​
Yeah I love the neon lights. Are you going to throw some pebbles over the top?

Ss man how can people nbe so unkind after I gave you a big thanks for your Esky Mash Tun fittings Pumpy

Well flow will not be a problem with that baby Pumpy !

Batz

Maybe you could market your design through copperart :D

Sure looks like you've achieved your area coverage goal!

Cheers

Borret :blink:

Thanks Batz ,It was a nice even flow for sure ,I was amazed .

Borret , Its a bit weird looking but it functions properly thats the main thing .

Pumpy

Pumpy (or others) where do I get the SS braided hosing and any other parts needed to do this?

Just got my esky this morning, was wondering if the tap it came with would be good enough or should I get something better?

ESKY AND TAP ARE ATTACHED.

Anyone used a tap like this and fixed a SS manifold to it?

Cheers!
SD :D

my_esky.jpg

esky_tap_side.jpg

Slugger,

I'd be getting a metal tap - the braid & tap are available in any plumbing store (no doubt Bunnings) The braid is just S/S hose which has a rubber tube down the centre (used for shower attachments etc) - cut the ends off & pull out the rubber hose...

Sluggerdog,

What you need is a ball valve, Pipe Thread, 2 brass hex nuts and a couple of nylon or rubber washers. The red ones used for hot taps work quite well.

Pipe thread inside the cooler will allow you to attach whatever you want from there. Wether it be S/S braid, manifold or false bottom.

If your tap is the same size as mine the pipe thread should fit in quite comfortably without having to enlarge the hole.

Here's a pic of the tap and inside of my cooler (mine is Igloo), without the false bottom.

Warren -

Graphic1.jpg

With F/B attached. Excuse the colour of the F/B used to be white. The ravages of time and nearly 100 mashes have turned it a permanent brown colour that nothing seems to remove.

Still going strong though. Phil's Phalse bottoms are fairly tough bits of kit that's for sure. :)

Warren -

ICAM0013.jpg

I bought my hose in Bunnings - but beware of what you pay for. The braided hose in the plumbing section may not necessarily be any cheaper than the pre-packaged washing machine hose "Boston" brand (US obviously) that sells the same hose in 1800mm lengths IIRC.
Don't just grab a length of "Happy Hooker" hose and think you're done or you might be getting ripped off.
Cheers,
TL

Slugger ,you will find some good ideas from here

http://brewiki.org/wiki/homebrew/moin.cgi/ManifoldGallery

You will get the SS braid from Bunnings as previous you have to chop the ends off and remove the rubber innerpipe , you wont cut rthe pipe with a hacksaw or tin snips but a common pair of scissors will cut it easily .

I have used copper pipe to make the connections until I can lay my hands on some SS fittings .

Mine was done on a bit of a rush but is surely has done the trick .

If you connect it with SS hose connectors watch out make sure you ask for all SS a lot the screw arrangement is not SS.

Take care those strands of ss are prickly buggers and dont half hurt !!

Pumpy

OK I have been out and about looking for all my parts, I got most of them from tradelink but I was having trouble finding the ss mesh hosing, I now see above you recommend bunnings which was one of the places I went and bought something, I just wasn't sure if I got the right thing or not.

Anyway I have a pic attached of what I bought, it was $14.80 and I think it is 750mm

Is this what I needed?

Cheers!

:beer:

ss_mesh_hose.jpg

Yep that's the stuff. You may want a little more depending on your layout.

Borret

Back