My new kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Scored a free fridge from Wolfy and turned it into a kegerator. Installed 2 taps but have the hole drilled for a 3rd tap when I get one.

Heres what it looked like when I picked it up.

free_fridge1.jpg

And here it is after a paint job.

kegerator.jpg

Ive installed a half sized shelf that i can sit my 9 litre keg on and fit 2 cornys in front. Just got to add the drip tray and setup the gas line and shes good to go.

What type of paint did you use? Any surface rust that needed removing?

The paint was just semi gloss Caterpillar black spray cans we had at work. There was a bit of surface rust but I just hit it with a wire wheel on the grinder.

Sanded it right back with wet and dry 210 gave it 3 coats and dried each coat with the heat gun inbetween so only took me two days to paint it.

Looks great Truman! I like the contrast with the white plastic against the black, are you keeping it that way?

Sure you needed the heat gun with the weather we had???

brad81 said:
Looks great Truman! I like the contrast with the white plastic against the black, are you keeping it that way?

Sure you needed the heat gun with the weather we had???
Originally I was going to get some plastic paint and do the handles but I like the contrast too so am going to keep it how it is.

I painted it a few weekends ago when it wasn't so bloody hot so Yeh needed the heat gun. Lol

It allowed me to get each coat dry before the dust at work settled on it.

Latest posts

Back