My New Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muga

Reaction score
It was about time I stopped having to cram all my kegs in to a small fridge, so I got one that has more than enough room.. It has a temperature control panel that ranges from 1-28 degrees so it would make a good fermenting fridge too.

Only thing is now I need some brumby taps with long shanks to put through the glass to save opening and closing the door, can anyone help me out? :)

Some pictures of the beast, I hope it never has to be moved again - thank god we have a forklift at home, lifting it on the truck was a big task indeed.

fridge_1.jpg

fridge_2.jpg

fridge_3.jpg

Thats sweet, just be careful drilling the glass and get a glass drill. If it safety glass don't even try.

Stagger

Sensational fridge muga....was that on ebay? By the size of the warehouse in the background looks like you arent short of space to put the bloody thing in.

Nice fridge, looks really sweet. I think you will find the glas is safety glass, but good luck anyway. It's a beauty.

Andrew

Yeah, got the fridge from ebay got it for $495.

I was talking to a mate who is in the refrigiraton trade and he seems to think he has all the right bits for drilling the holes through the glass without a problem, but he has only seen photos of it so far.

It would be easy to put the taps through the side but would prefer it through the front as long as it will work proerly without having an effect on the workings of the fridge.

Other than that, it'll be used for storing a heap of kegs and fermenting and the other side as a regular fridge for storage of foods etc.

Still working on getting a bar setup, just looking for the right sized chest freezer.

Bloody Beautiful :super:

Will it fit 2 or 3 kegs deep?

top fridge muga.i would be tempted to replace one side of the fridge glass with lexan.far safer and not as likely to crack if you over tighten the tap shank.

cheers
big d

It fits 3 kegs deep and 3 across. :D
6 will be more than enough for now though :)

I'm just wating on my mate to come round and look at it and see what can be done in terms of having taps through the glass, he seems to think I'll need to put a tube style fitting through the hole in the glass and then the tap through the tube for it to work without effecting the glass demister.

Still trying to find a way to get rid of some water in the middle of the glass though, the demister is slowly getting rid of it but it's taking a long time..

:D
Hi Muga
I have a Fridge like yours. I bought it at auction for $200.00 with a broken glass door. I then found out these doors are three sheets of glass withe a vacumn between each sheet Very expensive to fix. If you drill you will destroy the vacumn and it will cost you a fortune to run and you will not get Lagering temps in the summer. My advice put your taps through the side and leave the glass doors alone.

Altstart

makes new fridge look tiny

Batz said:
Looks great

Get your taps from GMK
Batz

Dam... Not giving me a plug Now Batz... u r off the Xmas Card List :ph34r:

Usually the cheap taps are Chrome plated Brass and dont allow the tap to be removed without removing the liq disconect.

I can give you a quote on Brand New SS grundy Taps with SS Fridge Extension, SS SNap lock fitting - allows easy removal of the tap and automatically closes the beer line- and SS nipple.

PM me if you want a price. :super:

GMKenterprises

GMK said:
Batz said:
Looks great

Get your taps from GMK GMK GMK
I use him all the time and are very happy with his service

Batz

Dam... Not giving me a plug Now Batz... u r off the Xmas Card List :ph34r:

Usually the cheap taps are Chrome plated Brass and dont allow the tap to be removed without removing the liq disconect.

I can give you a quote on Brand New SS grundy Taps with SS Fridge Extension, SS SNap lock fitting - allows easy removal of the tap and automatically closes the beer line- and SS nipple.

PM me if you want a price. :super:

GMKenterprises
[post="73280"][/post]​

Uhmm!

Of course I mean if you can not get them from the GRAND MASTER himself !

Always quality goods at a fair price !!

There, that do Kenny? :p

Batz

Back on the Xmas Card List Batz....
B)

Thanks

Back