My New Brewstand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brizbrew

Reaction score
I am in the middle of building a brewstand and it is getting down to the nitty gritty now where it is just a few finishing touches and a few adjustments.

What do you think you might have added to your brewstand when you built it that would have been handy.

Anyway, here is a picture of the beast, you may have seen something similar before :( I did get my inspiration here.

:super:

Brizbrew said:
I am in the middle of building a brewstand and it is getting down to the nitty gritty now where it is just a few finishing touches and a few adjustments.

What do you think you might have added to your brewstand when you built it that would have been handy.

Anyway, here is a picture of the beast, you may have seen something similar before :( I did get my inspiration here.

:super:
[post="68925"][/post]​
Right, where is that picture. I need a tutorial on posting pics I think, it never works for me.

I will try again later. :ph34r:

Sir,

Your tutorial. :D

Warren -

Graphic1.jpg

Warren. You've got far too much time on your hands......

Nup,

Just a good multi-tasker. (One of the pitfalls of working from home):D I was hanging out to see pics of Brizbrew's (brew) frame.

More anxious than endowed with time. C'mon Brizbrew. I'm waiting. :lol:

Warren -

I too am keen,

Go Brizzy, Go Brizzy, Go brizzy, go,go..

Note: Sometimes after Step 2, you go to a blank AHB screen, and hence can not do step 3. This means the format of the jpg isnt quite understood by the forum software and you will never get it to load. Dane had requested a fix, dont know if it is in place yet. I found that using Irfanview to open and resave the jpg fixed it a couple of times in the past.

Keep to see this pic when it comes up....

I still have my brewery sitting on one table and the floor, need some inspiration (and skills)

Slugger,

Your people could post some pics of the components you have for your brewery and then we could talk to our people and come up with some concepts on what your people could do to make other people think you'd done a bonza job organising your brewery. Skills we can work around. You just nned a plan of attack.

Just a suggestion.

Borret

Yes Borretski.

Networking is key. We will call it "The People's Brewery" Da! :beerbang:

Пивоваренный завод людей. Власть(мощь) к рабочему классу.

C'mon Slugger. Somebody has to send PICS! :ph34r:

Ummm... Warren - Уоррен

Will see if I can get a pic taken however at the moment there is about 15 bags of grain sitting in front of it...

Will see what I can do.

15 bags of grain. We can use that for brewery landscaping/ interior decorating. See you have the hardware, we have the tools.

Ok I got some rough pics and I'll tell you the story of how my brewery currently works..

The pic is of my one table, on brewday I will have the esky/mash tun on the table, with the boiler on a burner below on the floor.

The 19 litre sauce pan you see there is my current HLT which I boil up in the kitchen then carry the water into the garage when the temp is right. I do have the extra converted keg but until I get a stand or some sort the pot and kitchen will have to do....

When I have finished boiling I will syphin the wort into my fermentor and as it gets lighter I will lift the kettle onto the table so gravity works in my favour for atleast half of the transfer..

oh yeah and the second pic is my grain supplies :p

will repost a better pic on the weekend when I am brewing so you can see how it all goes together

brewery.jpg

grain.jpg

Ahhhh, a picture at last. Like a breath of freah air akin to when you open the car window when someone farts. You can only hold your breath for so long....

Borret

You've got all the right bits Slugger.

All you need is a stand to put it on. I'll give you the plans. It will cost you your bags of grain. :p

Actually. Don't worry about the grain. You live in Qld. May need them for levy banks. :unsure:

Try something like this.

Warren -

DSC00149.jpg

This is TBOCFKABS. (The Bit Of Crap Formerly Known As Brewstand). Or 'ol Shaky. Served me well for about 5 years.

I just put a wooden stool and milk crate on it to drain the mash. Lifting a 38 Litre Cooler with 8kg of grain and 25 odd litres of water was a risky proposition at best. :ph34r:

Yep, that folding wooden leg actually supported about 60kg on a good day. :eek:

Warren -

DSC00142.JPG

Thanks Warren, I did notice your stand before and got a quote from dexion, showing them your pic.

was just under $250 cut so I think I'll have to look else where...

the plans would be great though!

Slugger,

Don't even entertain buying your Dexion new. :excl: Prices are outrageous.

There's an excess of used stuff around the traps. Just grab your yellow pages and have a look. Mine only cost $70. Just look for shelving and storage etc.

Warren -

Latest posts

Back