My New Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benno-5

Reaction score
Well the bar is now finished. And there is cold beer coming out of the taps.

Here are some pics.

Beer on tap is a wonderfull thing
15092006066.jpg

04092006059.jpg

Before I stained it and fitted taps
19082006016.jpg

After it was stained dark
26082006029.jpg

Looks the goods Benno :beer:

Question: Did you buy this or make it yourself?

I'm looking at getting a bar, but I'm hopeless with wood...half decent with metal fabrication, but just f*ck up every attempt at woodwork I've ever made :lol:

PZ.

I Love a darker colored bar...

Gives it that warn cuddly feeling...Just want give it a big hug...

Looks great mate...

(although it would look better with me leaning against it! :lol: )

Top stuff..

I ordered 3 flat pack kitchen under bench cabinets. I used these as the frame. Simply attached pine lining boards to it along the sided and made a bench top out of pine flooring. The second teir was a stud frame (same as a house wall) sitting on top of the cabinets. It took me a whole saturday to build including the cabinets. The hard bit was getting the taps sorted out, adapted and working. I bought the font from the uk and had to do a lot of adaption to get australian taps to fit it.

Its amazing what a dark stain (cabbots vedar) will do to ordinary pine

Very nice indeed.

Always good to see new bars being born. :super:

cheers
johnno

i use cabots alot...good stuff..

many people cant tell i use stained pine... :)

and not the actuall timber i am emulating..

That is one sweet looking bar. The taps look the duck nuts as well. Something I would love to do one day.
Eric :beerbang:
boy i really feel like that emoticon today

hate to nitpick, but - Toohey's bar mat? :p

Nice work :)

nice job Benno,

starting mine soon and looking fwd to the first draught :chug:

the font looks similar to the 'Taipan' from Andale, that's what i've been considering.

cheers

yard

hate to nitpick, but - Toohey's bar mat? :p

Nice work :)

I had it in the cubord from where I don't know. Its still a work in progress, that will go as soon as I find a decent one. Maby a MSB mat or some other micro.

nice job Benno,

starting mine soon and looking fwd to the first draught :chug:

the font looks similar to the 'Taipan' from Andale, that's what i've been considering.

cheers

yard

Its from the uk. Very simmilar to the andale tiapan, not flooded though. Taps are grundy style with quick disconnects. I got them from CQS "complete quality services" in heidelberg victoria. Lancer pacific also do a cobra style. Ross can get you onto those.

Benno,
Where did you get the tap from? I bought one of e-bay but it turns out that it is actually for soda, and thus when it comes out it is just a huge creamy had and not a lot of beer. i was thinking of trying to get a s/h one from Andale. Did it cost much for shipping?
Eric :ph34r:

obviously I am a slow typer

Benno,
Where did you get the tap from? I bought one of e-bay but it turns out that it is actually for soda, and thus when it comes out it is just a huge creamy had and not a lot of beer. i was thinking of trying to get a s/h one from Andale. Did it cost much for shipping?
Eric :ph34r:

obviously I am a slow typer

I wouldnt recomend one from Europe, all their fittings are different to those here and adapting it was not easy. If you want a new one then andale or lancer pacific or CQS would be the go but it will be expensive. I tried andale for a second handy and no such luck. The best they could do were some ex show room models. Keep an eye out on ebay as they come up all the time. Search for "beer font" Usually between $300 to $500. GMK on this forum also can get second hand fonts.

Back