My KK vs KL post was deleted - Why KK is not allowed here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just get my bottle refilled at the local BOC gas centre. $50 for a 6l, takes 10 minutes, is 5 mins from work and I can avoid the whole KK/KL/LHBS nonsense. I buy from whoever has what I want for the lowest price just like in every other walk of life. I ain’t running a charity
Yep, and how much is the rental? It comes down to the maths. I gave up my oxy bottles years ago because I rarely used it, and the BOC rental killed me, Bunnings now do a swap and go, one time purchase, so my beloved oxy gear is back, and can sit there for 3 yrs till I need it at no cost. CO2 is the same, if you are churning through 3 or 4 bottles a year the the cheaper BOC refills + rental makes sense, but if you only use one bottle or less the BOC option is more expensive. Horses for courses.

Says the KK rep who causes the most issues and constantly tries to pretend he’s just a interested customer? Just what does KK give you for your “Opinions”. Free gear? Deep discounts? I’m sure all of the above. Everyone knows exactly where your bread is buttered mate.
I’ve bought from all of em. KL has gotten most of my business cause, like I said, they offer what I want at the cheapest price. KK has sold me some stuff too.
I’ve criticised both.
You on the other hand are the biggest KK evangelist on these boards. And folks have long since learnt to ignore your protestations of innocence.
So yep, please do have a look at my previous posts. Read your own biased drivel at the same time.

Yep, and how much is the rental? It comes down to the maths. I gave up my oxy bottles years ago because I rarely used it, and the BOC rental killed me, Bunnings now do a swap and go, one time purchase, so my beloved oxy gear is back, and can sit there for 3 yrs till I need it at no cost. CO2 is the same, if you are churning through 3 or 4 bottles a year the the cheaper BOC refills + rental makes sense, but if you only use one bottle or less the BOC option is more expensive. Horses for courses.
Oh crap, just realised I meant Speedgas not BOC. Fixed my earlier post. No rental. I bought my tank outright and they happily refill it for me. They’ll test it too if it needs testing. You’re right about BOC. They’ll only refill their own rented bottles.

Says the KK rep who causes the most issues and constantly tries to pretend he’s just a interested customer? Just what does KK give you for your “Opinions”. Free gear? Deep discounts? I’m sure all of the above. Everyone knows exactly where your bread is buttered mate.
I’ve bought from all of em. KL has gotten most of my business cause, like I said, they offer what I want at the cheapest price. KK has sold me some stuff too.
I’ve criticised both.
You on the other hand are the biggest KK evangelist on these boards. And folks have long since learnt to ignore your protestations of innocence.
So yep, please do have a look at my previous posts. Read your own biased drivel at the same time.
Never tried to make out I was behind anyone other than KK, that's common knowledge. :)
Its the ones who try to make out they are neutral when they are not that are the weak ones.

Never tried to make out I was behind anyone other than KK, that's common knowledge. :)
Its the ones who try to make out they are neutral when they are not that are the weak ones.
So you pick a side, and come hell or high water you stick to it? No room for moderation or discussion, no chance of seeing the other persons point of view, just fanatical religious fervour.
Whatever happened to "considered opinion" I'm not suggesting you continually backflip like the majority of our politicians, but one eyed people only see half of the world.
Please explain how neutrality is a bad thing, it worked for Switzerland.

So you pick a side, and come hell or high water you stick to it? No room for moderation or discussion, no chance of seeing the other persons point of view, just fanatical religious fervour.
Whatever happened to "considered opinion" I'm not suggesting you continually backflip like the majority of our politicians, but one eyed people only see half of the world.
Please explain how neutrality is a bad thing, it worked for Switzerland.
Twice in business I have had an employee/employees try the same thing as has happened to Keg King. I ran a tight ship so could nip it in the bud. But what happened to Keg King, by a trusted employee and director (who Maggie had helped to obtain a mortgage) then along with 2 other trusted personnel open another business in opposition. Why not offer a fair price to Maggie to take over KK, instead of all the underhandedness, trying to take over trade marks, using the KK mailing list, invoicing from another country, taking half the staff.
I went into KK just after this all happened, I really thought they were gone, as I said in another post there was flippers and spear guns on the shelf and not a lot of stock. But to their credit KK regrouped and fought back, for me anyone who doesn't quit would get my backing.
How much it has cost both sides in legal fees doesn't bear thinking about, would have been much easier to offer a fair price to buy Maggie out. They could have quickly made that money up because there wouldn't be the low prices we are enjoying now.

You cannot top up a CO2 bottle. Before you fill it must be completely empty. Your best solution is to get a spare bottle as they are only $67.95 I think and just fully use and then swap it when you come past.
When I took it to the fire services bloke he would only charge for what was required to top up.

Back