My KK vs KL post was deleted - Why KK is not allowed here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely prefer to see KK as a sponsor on here, instead of posting by stealth with shadow posters. It shits me to tears that the usual suspects (who sit on the sidelines and snipe at each and every mention of KL) say "I'm not affiliated with KK, I just heard this visiting the store." Utter bullshit. I'll be watching this thread with interest to see what the moderator has to say. This forum would be a much better place without that behaviour. Replace it instead with official posts from KK and KL where both parties are civil to one another.

It's interesting to note that the craft beer industry is built on a mantra of helping one another and seeing the whole industry float ever higher as the collective tide rises. The home brew industry in Australia is marked by sniping, nastiness and legal battles that help nobody but the solicitors and barristers (at least in the case of the 2 largest players in the market). For shame. I hope that the current churlish and childish behaviour stops and is replaced by a mature and respectful competition that actually helps us home brewers.

How good would it be to read a post from KK saying "We've gotta admit the Fermzilla is a great product that has introduced some really innovative features. Our team has gone back to the drawing board and we can see some genuine improvements that we can make. Watch this space."

snoop-dogg-feb-2018-billboard-1548.jpg

Preach.

Who knows what the reasoning behind KK not being "allowed" membership.

I have seen posts from normal, personal accounts (can't remember name) where they outright said they were a KL employee. I think it was in the KL Q&A thread...

so could individuals from KK just do the same? Maybe the can't have a sponsor account but surely could just be on here as a normal member ??

I have seen posts from normal, personal accounts (can't remember name) where they outright said they were a KL employee. I think it was in the KL Q&A thread...

so could individuals from KK just do the same? Maybe the can't have a sponsor account but surely could just be on here as a normal member ??

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing official from AHB that they have been denied.

WEAL is the only one that has said that they are not "allowed" membership.

Wouldn't be much point in an employee of KK coming on and spruiking for them that would be much the same as having a a free account, if everyone contacted admin asking for KK to have an account I still doubt they would get on, Keith has the final say.

The reason the thread got deleted is because not only can a poster putting up porkies about one party or the other be sued for libel but so can the owner of the site. The court case is going to go ahead, so maybe this thread will end up down the black hole as well.

Wouldn't be much point in an employee of KK coming on and spruiking for them that would be much the same as having a a free account, if everyone contacted admin asking for KK to have an account I still doubt they would get on, Keith has the final say.

The reason the thread got deleted is because not only can a poster putting up porkies about one party or the other be sued for libel but so can the owner of the site. The court case is going to go ahead, so maybe this thread will end up down the black hole as well.

Well, the point would be that they could have their say which is apparently being withheld..

Is it possible they don’t actually care to have a say here?

Just seems it would be easier enough to join or state you’re an employee and say “Hey ABC XYZ isn’t correct” etc.

Well, the point would be that they could have their say which is apparently being withheld..

Is it possible they don’t actually care to have a say here?

Just seems it would be easier enough to join or state you’re an employee and say “Hey ABC XYZ isn’t correct” etc.
I would wait and see what happens.;)

Looking at it from a business perspective, what I would have done is offered the site owners double the fee to keep the opposition out and me in. That way I am free to say what I like without fear of any comeback.

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing official from AHB that they have been denied....

In my thread that was DELETED, I asked for moderators to confirm if this is true.
They, didnt confirm or deny, actually they never responded, hence the reason for this thread.
I would like to know as well, why KK cant post on this site or sponsor.

How about the moderators/ site owners please explain why?

If its about money, just say it, then we know why.

Looking at it from a business perspective, what I would have done is offered the site owners double the fee to keep the opposition out and me in. That way I am free to say what I like without fear of any comeback.

But risk loosing site interest and site folding.
Happened on a fishing website I once frequented, it became dead.

So wrong on so many levels, "without fear of comeback" just look at the "comeback" KL has received here at the hands of so called non affiliated members, so that's a load of old bollocks. Offer double DUH! site admin says no, takes money from both parties and ends up in same financial situation but with two sponsors not one (ever heard of all yer eggs in a basket) oops another load of old bollocks, really awful (lmao) is that the best you can come up with? Which point btw was wealy good? Nothing persoanal here guys but a load of shit is a load of shit , and this site is sinking in it. krz has a point about sites folding, nuff said.

Keg King will be coming back as a Sponsor. I had to verify some information from the past before doing so.
And legal issues are not good to be discussed in a forum, as I have seen them hurt various parties by clever attorneys.

PS: If this thread was in the Support and Announcement forum, I would have seen it sooner.

that is a horrible business decision

That's how some businesses operate especially when it comes to advertising. Another dirty trick is if a company pays out money for a stand at a show (usually about $2 -$3,000 depending on the size of the stand) the opposition pay out nothing and hand out leaflets outside the door, even using the organisers logo. Happened recently here in Melbourne.

All I wanted was a Kegerator while shopping at my LHBS and since some advice I was given by the staff, I now have been trying to find some truth to this “KK and KL” dispute.
Looks like I have found it.

I’ve been researching Kegerators for about a month and narrowed it down to KK or KL.
KL has their prices really cheap and smashes the competition out of the game.

I asked at the LHBS about Kegerators (as I would like to support local businesses and take into account they sell KK Kegerators) and was meet with a $1600 price tag on a complete triple tap set up. When I asked about the competitive KL product I was meet with
“I would be cautious about KL as they are in court at the moment”.
Also the LHBS won’t fill CO2 bottles from KL and when asked why
“we aren’t happy with what KL is doing to the LHBS landscape”.
Nothing to do with quality or style of bottle, just not happy with a potential repeat customer being made to feel like a idiot of buying at KL.

So I walked away with a choc malt 500g bag and no Kegerator.

I have come to the conclusion that both companies are good for consumers and good for competition in the market.
I was going to buy from KL but due to every time I returned to the site to purchase the Triple Tap Kegerator, something else was out of stock.

KK had the same Triple Tap Kegerator on sale and in stock delivered to my door for the same price (mind you it was on special for about $400 less than rrp)

In the end the LHBS made $4, KL unfortunately due to stock lost a sale, KK was the Steven Bradbury of the day and I got a good deal.

KK or KL I can see me buying from both companies over the duration of my brewing days and my advice is,
Fight it out amongst yourselves but, don’t make your customers look like idiots for shopping between both stores. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs knew without Mac Microsoft couldn’t exist and Bill baled Steve out at one stage.
It’s a tough battlefield that in the end only the consumer will decide who wins.

All I wanted was a Kegerator while shopping at my LHBS and since some advice I was given by the staff, I now have been trying to find some truth to this “KK and KL” dispute.

I’ve been researching Kegerators for about a month and narrowed it down to KK or KL.

I asked at the LHBS about Kegerators (as I would like to support local businesses and take into account they sell KK Kegerators) and was meet with a $1600 price tag on a complete triple tap set up. When I asked about the competitive KL product I was meet with
Nothing to do with quality or style of bottle, just not happy with a potential repeat customer being made to feel like a idiot of buying at KL.

I have come to the conclusion that both companies are good for consumers and good for competition in the market.
I was going to buy from KL but due to every time I returned to the site to purchase the Triple Tap Kegerator, something else was out of stock.

KK had the same Triple Tap Kegerator on sale and in stock delivered to my door for the same price (mind you it was on special for about $400 less than rrp)

In the end the LHBS made $4, KL unfortunately due to stock lost a sale, KK was the Steven Bradbury of the day and I got a good deal.

KK or KL I can see me buying from both companies over the duration of my brewing days and my advice is,
Fight it out amongst yourselves but, don’t make your customers look like idiots for shopping between both stores. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs knew without Mac Microsoft couldn’t exist and Bill baled Steve out at one stage.
It’s a tough battlefield that in the end only the consumer will decide who wins.
Exactly! A few too many time recently I have been made to feel like an idiot or just a bad person because of this spat!
I noticed on the SSbrewtech site a question was asked about a certain item being made available as a spare part.
They said no because of the extremely competitive market in home brew they needed a competitive edge!
Wise words!

I saw your comment on Facebook I think and to be honest, I would be more disappointed in your LHBS. $1600 for that kegerator set up is what, almost twice the price that even KK sell them for now? so essentially they want you to pay double for nothing!? The LHBS should be upset KK were happy to take such a massive margin on their products for so long when they had the monopoly.

Also, turning away a customer for a bottle fill is just dumb business, yeah they missed the sale on the bottle but they get the fills and maybe that customer buys other stuff from the store while they are in.. instead, the customer walks out the door, they get nothing and that potential customer never returns.

I am also very wary of any business running down their competitors, although the KK / KL beef has a bit of a back story

My LHBS sells KL stuff that I have seen, probably KK stuff as well, they also sell SS Brewtech, Grainfather etc. etc. I don't think it makes sense for a store to so vehemently align themselves with one supplier and I don't think it makes sense for us as consumers to either.

I saw your comment on Facebook I think and to be honest, I would be more disappointed in your LHBS. $1600 for that kegerator set up is what, almost twice the price that even KK sell them for now? so essentially they want you to pay double for nothing!? The LHBS should be upset KK were happy to take such a massive margin on their products for so long when they had the monopoly.

Also, turning away a customer for a bottle fill is just dumb business, yeah they missed the sale on the bottle but they get the fills and maybe that customer buys other stuff from the store while they are in.. instead, the customer walks out the door, they get nothing and that potential customer never returns.

I am also very wary of any business running down their competitors, although the KK / KL beef has a bit of a back story

My LHBS sells KL stuff that I have seen, probably KK stuff as well, they also sell SS Brewtech, Grainfather etc. etc. I don't think it makes sense for a store to so vehemently align themselves with one supplier and I don't think it makes sense for us as consumers to either.

Yep, that was me [emoji23][emoji23]
Im happy just playing the waiting game for now.
I have heard and read about of back story and I found a YouTube vid with Kei from KL in a KK shirt. So I’m sure there is some juice gossip out there.
In the end I don’t want to be aligning myself with the wrong team in the brewing Comunity but, if I have more in my pocket and the product works, I couldn’t care less what KL and KK think of each other.

Yep, that was me [emoji23][emoji23]
Im happy just playing the waiting game for now.
I have heard and read about of back story and I found a YouTube vid with Kei from KL in a KK shirt. So I’m sure there is some juice gossip out there.
In the end I don’t want to be aligning myself with the wrong team in the brewing Comunity but, if I have more in my pocket and the product works, I couldn’t care less what KL and KK think of each other.

Exactly.

Latest posts

Back