My Keg Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richie

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd show you my setup at home. Its been a project on the go for a little while but got it up and running wednesday night. Its excellent. Here is the page I put up about it.

Thanks has got to go to the guys out there with keg setups, I've got all the threads bookmarked, especially the ones to do with the fire extinguishers. Getting the gas was going to be the biggest hurdle I had to get the missus over but thats not a problem now :)

Hope you find it useful/helpful or especially inspirational if your trying to do a similar thing, its definately worth it.

:chug:

cheers

Graeme

when i look at how simple that is, i wonder why the heck im still bottling, and then cleaning bottles

Thats it, im saving for kegs!

That looks great. How do you regulate the presure from the fire extinguisher?
Mrs would not be able to regulate my drinking if i had one of those set-ups, no dead soldiers laying around. I might look into it.

Hi guys

For aspiring keggers who are worried about the cost, I reckon I can help out. I'm currently putting together some keg packages, and I'm just waiting on the faucets and shanks which will be avialable in 5 weeks. The package includes:
2 - 18 liter corny kegs
2 - liquid quick disconnects
2 - gas quick disconnects
1- dual gauge CO2 regulator
2 - faucets & 10.5cm shank

Total cost $350 plus any postage (I'm in Adelaide and the package weighs approx 12.5kg).

I've been able to keep the price down because I've sourced some high quality CO2 regulators second hand.

The faucets and shanks are brand new and are great for fitting into a fridge door. With a 10.5cm shank it extends nicely into the fridge, helping to keep the faucet cool and avoiding excessive foaming of the first pour. They look just like the attached picture. If anyone is intetrested just PM me.

Cheers
Mark

Shankassembly.jpg

richie said:
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd show you my setup at home. [snip]
Hope you find it useful/helpful or especially inspirational if your trying to do a similar thing, its definately worth it.
:chug:
cheers
Graeme
G'day Graeme,

Looks like a good setup mate - good to see the apprentice brewer (Jarrod?) giving it the thumbs up too! :lol:
Cheers,
TL

Nice setup Graeme. There's two features I really appreciate...

1) Room for a second keg
2) Couple of can of Bundy in the door.

Qaulity.

I'd be more concerned about ensuring the extinguisher is an aluminium bottle and not a steel one, rather than the "grade" of gas.

Craft brewers site covered this and the result was 2/10 of f#@k all difference between the gases.

Back