My First Mini Biab

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TmC

Reaction score
Im in the middle of doing my first mini Biab. Very exciting! Recipe i am using is

2kg Weyermann Pilsner
50g Carapils
25g Amarillo
Nottingham Yeast

Made to 9L

Have just put some towels over the pot;

Strike temp = 69 degrees
Mash temp = 65 degrees

Mash in @ 11:15

I have taken a few photos if anyone is interested in seeing them. Just have a hot coffee now to kill some time :D

Mmm enjoying a hot coffee as well atm while mine boils away.

What is your proposed hopping schedule?

I was going to go:

10g Amarillo @ 60
5g Amarillo @ 30
5g Cluster @ 30
10g Amarillo @ 10
5g Cluster @ 5

I didn't think it would be bitter enough so i am going to put in 10g of Cluster, i dont want it too either bitter so i upped the amarillo. Just about to start the boil now. :beerbang:

EDIT: Didn't make sense

Good luck and show us your photos. Hops look good

Ok here are a few photos i took:

All my ingredients and equipment at the ready

IMG_0190.jpg

My grain all weighed out

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

Getting my water to the boil

IMG_0197.jpg

Hops all weighed out

IMG_0200.jpg

Trying to insulate my pot with towels

IMG_0201.jpg

Chilling wort to pitch yeast

IMG_0202.jpg

Should keep the pot covered up so you don't get any splashes or stuff falling in. Looks good otherwise! :D

You should get a good break using all those whirfloc tabs :lol:

Should keep the pot covered up so you don't get any splashes or stuff falling in. Looks good otherwise! :D

I did but you couldn't see through because of the condensation so i took it off for the pic :)

You should get a good break using all those whirfloc tabs :lol:

I attempted to quarter one of the tablets but couldn't get it right so i just smashed one up and through it in :p

Also SG was 1055 which i thought was pretty high, when filling my fermenter i only topped up with about 250ml of clena water to get to 9L.

Just an update, this turned out 7.1% alc and very hoppy, well balanced though after nearly one month. Even after 3 im starting to feel it. Going to put the rest away for a try in another month or two.

Ummmm this may sound silly... Wheres the bag??

Edit: stoopid me. On my phone the picture of the grain weighed out looked like it was in the pot...

Excuse me while i put my brain back in

Sweet work man good to see it all turned out. Better get stuck into your next one otherwise you will drink it all at once

Hops all weighed out

great work tmc

that hop photo looks like the rodent pellets i accidently spilled everyfrickenwhere the other night

i'll propbably forget and think i've dropped some hops on the floor and chuck them in the boil

"free floor hops, woo!"

great work tmc

that hop photo looks like the rodent pellets i accidently spilled everyfrickenwhere the other night

i'll propbably forget and think i've dropped some hops on the floor and chuck them in the boil

"free floor hops, woo!"

When i first got bags of hops i put them into ziplock bags and then put them in the freezer, only problem was i didnt know which was which :lol:

Sweet work man good to see it all turned out. Better get stuck into your next one otherwise you will drink it all at once

Have bottled two brews, one the same as above with different hop schedule and hops, and Goomba's Duff St Darkie, kinda walked away from that one so not sure how it went, bottled that on wednesday. Going try Dr Smurto's JSGA Clone today as my Amarillo arrived :party:

Latest posts

Back