My First Commercial Release.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proudscum

Reaction score
Next Thursday i will be making my first commercial beer for release onto the market in the coming months.It will be a Saison using premium euro malts and no sugar just a 2 hour Belgian mash schedule.

The test batch week down well with the few that got to try it at Sydney craft beer week.

I will post the release date and where the beer will be launched in Melbourne as we get closer to that date.
It looks like it will be sometime in January depending on how the Ferm goes.

The name of the beer will be "Le Petit Tronc"and relates to one of the members on the forum and a great brewing pal from pre professional days and now industry.

Good on you, Scum. Living the dream!

Let us know where we can get it this side of the city, always keen to try a new Saison.

Awesome - let us know if you've got a twitter or fb page we can follow.

What does the mash schedule look like?

I love saisons :icon_drool2:

Is it coming in bottles or kegs?

Awesome - let us know if you've got a twitter or fb page we can follow.

What does the mash schedule look like?

I love saisons :icon_drool2:

Is it coming in bottles or kegs?

Congrats on upcoming commercial beer!!

Would be great to see what you have for the 2hr Belgian Mash Schedule, if its no secret?

whats a saison? is that like what you do on a forum, something you says on?

Tried my first Saison (While Sober) at the Scratch Bar a few weeks ago, went done very very well, will deffinately be on the lookout for more.

Congrats on the venture proudscum, hopew you made a quid out of it..

Shaun...

Anyone who hasn't tried Saison Dupont - do yourself a favour, it should be available at good bottleshops.

Can anyone explain to me what makes a modern day saison, all the reading i've done, not just the wiki page posted above, all say they were traditionally, and I suppose still are in the country it originates, grown for the summer season, hense the name, were traditionally of low alcohol percentage, and sometimes had spices to make them more refreshing in summer.

Is a modern day saison just a normal hoppy beer, with spices, or am I missing something.

Sorry if i'm asking a noob question, but as I read it, its kind of like calling an australian made carbonated white wine a 'Champagne'.

Shaun...

sngorwnan

whats a saison? is that like what you do on a forum, something you says on?

I don't know who you are mr_tyreman but you should try some experimentation when you brew, that way you may discover more than just the lagers that you obviously drink now!

What is Saison? :huh: ....how about Congrats Proudscum!!!
Let us know where we can get some.
Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on the shelves at Purvis :D .

Congrats mate. Very well done. Let us know if it makes it up here to Bris Vegas.

Well after waiting on Fedex and Wyeast made a 4.8hl starter with 4l of yeast on Monday and brewed yesterday.
Process went really well even with a few minor changes to the recipe with some malts not being available and different hop alphas.Mash profile was mash in at 45oC hold for 30min,ramp to 55oC hold for 15min,ramp to 62oC hold for 30min,ramp to 71oc hold for 15min,ramp to mash out at 78oC hold for 10min then move to lauter tun.Was going to dough in at 40oC but HLT water was to hot and it would have taken to long to mash in so went for 45oC which ended up saving time.so after a 9.5hr brew day ended up with 55HL of 14.4 plato wort with 51HL in ferm.The brewhouse had a nice Belgian funk in the air today with a huge Krausen.The biggest glad wrapped fermenter you will ever see as this tank is normally used for making non beer product.when i can post label artwork i will put it up,an American folk artist got the brief and has done a cracker of a job.I think this label will stick out like dogs bollox with nothing close to it on the market.

If you are going to the Warners Bay craft beer event this sunday i will be hanging out for a couple of hours on the Southern bay stand...come and have a Hop Bazooka IPA and a chat.

Cheers Tronc Jr

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=435...tif_t=photo_tag

51HL, that's 51 hectolitres or 5100litres. Wow that is big for a glad wrapped fermenter.

Back