My first brew, what lager should i brew next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first batch kit ingredients....

Wals "Dry Lager"
Country Brewer "Ale Yeast" 515
Country Brewer "Finishing Hops Cluster"
Country Brewer "Light Malt"

My favourite beers are Miller Chill and Corona so next time i want to aim for something like them if anyone has any suggestions and I have been told to use a yeast like Saf-23 around these temps is this correct?

Thanks for your responses.

Anno said:
Ahh that makes sense, i just threw this first batch together and it was stuck for the first 2.5 weeks in 38*C to 46*C

there's a problem, with brewing you need to get good temp control, Ale's around 18, Lagers around 10

Anno said:
Country Brewer "Ale Yeast" 515
you made an ale not a Lager.

my bad sorry i did mean lager yeast...... was reading something on ale and my brain farted lol :p

Not to discourage you at all, and I'm sure some people will disagree, but you might want to consider sticking to ales for your first few beers. Brewing lagers has a whole extra dimension of complication on top of the regular brewing process.

slash22000 said:
Not to discourage you at all, and I'm sure some people will disagree, but you might want to consider sticking to ales for your first few beers. Brewing lagers has a whole extra dimension of complication on top of the regular brewing process.
Or at least wait till winter and try brewing them then.

As to what to brew next, the world's your oyster... Grab some different beer styles from the bottlo & try them. If you like them, google for a clone recipe.

Great advice i might do that this weekend. what would be good to brew now at this time of year.

Back