My First Beer Award....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
Pretty chuffed with myself at the moment. Just came home from the melbourne Brewers meeting having taken out first prize in their kit beer competition.

Never had anything I brewed judged before so this its pretty exciting...

The funny thing its our was an out of date kit, left over spec grains and hops. The yeast was reused from a previous batch and literally tipped from one fermenter to the next.

I can am hereby referring to myself as an award winning brewer

Pretty chuffed with myself at the moment. Just came home from the melbourne Brewers meeting having taken out first prize in their kit beer competition.

The funny thing its our was an out of date kit, left over spec grains and hops. The yeast was reused from a previous batch and literally tipped from one fermenter to the next.

Well done BNB.
:beer:

Awesome! Good job.

Well done Beronia-every right to be chuffed, Just think what might have happened if you used new yeast and fresh goo. Might have got a second or third.

Congrats, there were a few entries too, so it's not like you were the only person to enter and won by default.
Nothing wrong with re-using yeast though, often it will be healthy and fresh and not under-pitched (but rinsing it first is not a bad idea).

Nice one. Looks like an easy enough recipe so should give other kits guys something to try out. Congrats!

Fantastic work mate! Did you get tasting notes as well?

I happen to have an out of date Tooheys Lager kit that I picked up on special from Target for $1. I was going to you it for yeast starters, but maybe I should brew with it!

Good work BNB.

great job. was thinking of doing a new lager soon so might do that...its amazing how you mixed english and american hops and it went so well...thats a new idea also..

cheers jake.

Latest posts

Back