My Craftbrewer Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvern

Reaction score
Hi guys,

About to put in an order. It's my first keg build:

2x TAPCELLICHR Name: Tap - Celli (Chrome)
$125.00 $250.00

2x JG-P1451015FS Name: Female Adaptor - Thread 5/8" BSP x OD 5/16" (8mm)
$9.00 $18.00

10m JG-PE08100N Name: Beer/Gas Line (OD 8mm, ID 6mm)
$1.90 $19.00

2x KEG19L Name: Keg - 19L Cornelius (Used)
$60.00 $120.00

4x JG-PM4058F4S Name: Female Adaptor 1/4" FFL x 5/16" (8mm)
$7.00 $28.00

2x SEALKITKEG Name: Keg - Seal Kit
$7.90 $15.80

2x QDBFLARE Name: Quick Disconnect MFL (Beer)
$13.50 $27.00

2x QDGFLARE Name: Quick Disconnect MFL (Gas)
$13.50 $27.00

TOTAL: $504.80

Already have a tesuco dual outlet regulator and the old man is hooking me up with a CO2 bottle (he makes motorcycle exhausts) Can you guys sanity check this for me? Let me know if I've done anything stupid?

Thanks!

Non return valve. Put it about 150 - 200mm before your keg on the gas line just to be sure that you don't get any beer flowing back up to your reg.
Lube it makes getting on your disconnects much easier.

Everything else looks fine to me.

Definatly get a Non-Return valve. They arn't as important once you know what your doing, but when your first stuffing around with your system playing with pressure levels and moving kegs and what not it pays to have one.

I don't see a T-piece in your list, if you want to gas both kegs at once your'll need one.

Other then that, looks good.

Agree with the Lube.
I assume you have some PBW (great for cleaning kegs and everything else), as well as Starsan, I cant believe I didn't use this stuff earlier http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/styl...default/dry.gif

10 meters is a lot of hose if you are using the Celli's, they come with the flow restrictors so you don't need miles of hose to balance the system, of course if youre CO2 bottle is going to be 5+ meters away, maybe you will. http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/styl...ult/biggrin.gif

Otherwise it all looks good.

Already have a tesuco dual outlet regulator and the old man is hooking me up with a CO2 bottle (he makes motorcycle exhausts) Can you guys sanity check this for me? Let me know if I've done anything stupid?

Thanks!

Just checking, but your old man isn't planning on making you a CO2 bottle, is he?

I have a check valve on each of my four kegs before the line splitter, so even if worse came to worse none of my gas gear would get any beer in it. They are around $10 for a plastic check valve. It's not worth not having them.

Back