My Brewing Discovery Of The Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
to cut a long story short the bike is due for rego and rego inspectors in my neck of the wood with the necessary licence/ticket to check motorcycles are few and far between.
anyway the bloke from work i was chasing couldnt be found so im thinking.... now who else can do this for me when i remember an old mate that has a workshop in the industrial area and who does bike rego checks.quick pop around and a mag and we will do the check tomorrow.
i jump back in the car and do a quick u-ee through his back yard and im stopped in my tracks.
wow s/s conical and s/s tanks. :rolleyes:
quick trip back home to grab the dig so feast your eyes on what may become my micro set up. ;)
just hope it is his and is for sale at a reasonable price.from the signage on it its past life was in some sort of sandblasting setup.
will find out tomorrow and hopefully i can score the lot for a reasonable price.a bit of work to get it up to scratch but hey what a cool find. ;)

cheers
big d

gove_microbrewery_001.jpg

Nice. Looks like a bloody big conical. Now there's an idea - walk in conical :lol:
Let us know how it goes, and if it does I expect many photos of shiny SS!

Hi
Looks like some big stuff.
I could imagine my Phil mill working all day to crack the grains for that size.
Cheers
Ray
BTW get it on the ute and bring it to the next IBU's meeting and we could make a huge batch of Imperial IPA

my fingers are crossed for a bigd

score

Beers,
Doc

looks like the majority of the round tanks have been sold to the out stations as drinking water tanks.the conical is still available.my mate reckons make an offer.
the others have been going for 2 grand per tank.
reckon i will start at $500 and see how i fair.

cheers
big d

hi goat
the tanks are made of 6mm s/s so they weigh a ton.if im successful and can afford freight to w.a the west oz brew days will be huge events at bullsbrook central.bring along a sack of grain and a spare/empty keg or three :D

cheers
big d

Go the 'D'

Look forward to lot's of questions about "How do I ???"

6mm!!! Jeez I think the Arab is right. Rocket brewing it is then!!

Just think, Big D's Rocket Ale.

Just as well you can fabricate stainless Dave.

Regards
Dave Stewart

Strewth!
You'll have to grind off the roof of a Range Rover to make a big enough false bottom...!

No great loss ;-)

TL

Back