My Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murray

Beer bear.
Reaction score
Sorry, no pictures.

1) Prepare water and grain for overnight mash. Grain bill is quite simple, 3.5kg JW trad malt, 1kg lightly toasted JW trad malt (20mL water, 100C for 1 hour), 0.25kg JW malted wheat.

2) Cover mash with blankets.

3) Go out to pub, watch bands, drink a lot of XXXX gold.

4) Go out to town until morning. Drink a lot of Hogaarden stubbies, followed by a tallie of Coopers sparkling at last drinks at around 4:30am, followed by a Stella at the next place to prepare me for the morning.

5) Take a train home. Call missus and tell her to wait at station. Promptly fall asleep.

6) Wake up on bench at wrong station on the wrong train line. Wait for return train, change line. Call missus and tell her to wait at station. Listen to dumb blonde girl decided to tell me her life story.
e7) Get to station, no missus. Start to walk home, get picked up about half-way.

8) Mid-morning, start boiling sparge water. Fuzzy-headed calculations of amount of boiling water needed for mash-out.

9) Lauter after mash-out, two 10L batch sparges. Take 500mL wort, boil for 15 minutes, add to yeast slurry.

10) Accidently FWH due to fuzzy-headedness (not a believer in FWHing). Goldings to 35 IBU.

11) 90 minute boil, force self to stay awake. Hop additions at 20 and 10 minutes.

12) Cool with immersion chiller. Unenthusiastically sanitise all necessary equipment.

13) Transer to one fermentor, aerate by transfer between two fermentors with filtration through hop bed on sanitised strainer. Pitch yeast during aeration.

14) Throw into fermentation ridg, take OG, look at mess and decide to clean up tomorow.

Probably could get your Missus to clean up, after all that she must be pretty understanding!
Cheers

Top darts Murray, sounds like a big night. Nothing like getting SWMBO to pick you up that early in the morning. You've used up all your brownie points by now surely :rolleyes:

Shawn.

I wouldn't even consider brewing after a HUGE night like that!!

Well Done Muzza :lol:

TDA

This could just about make it into the brewing disaster thread if it wasn't so much fun.

So are you giving a repeat performance tonight Murray?? Or are you worried the lift home might not come through this time :D

Shawn.

Nah Murray,
This should be in the most fun brew day thread.

cheers

Gough said:
So are you giving a repeat performance tonight Murray?? Or are you worried the lift home might not come through this time :D

Shawn.
No, I'm sick as a dog today :angry:

Back