My Australia Day Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewman_

AHB Sponsor
AHB Sponsor
Reaction score
I planned to do a bit of a brew today, and it turned into a good one.

All brew in bag

75L of American IPA and 75L of American Pale Ale.
Fear.

The English invaded Australia, so why couldn't an ESB be an invasion ale?

Any style brewed in Oz, should qualify. Might get somewhat difficult otherwise.. edit.

Only discontent at how long my renovations are taking <_<

Saison here, well im about to whirlpool but it will finish in time to count.

Saison here too, I'm calling it survival summer saison as a tip of the hat to our original inhabitants. Just about to drain my kettle.

Were the original inhabitants French?

Lemon myrtle and wattleseed ales should be on the cards

fear_n_loath said:
What did you guys brew?
Didn't brew, spent most of the the day partaking in a quality control tasting session. now paying the price:(

I didn't brew,nor did I have a drink.
How un Australian is that ! ..oh the shame..

Cheers...spog...

My brews were really conveniently done on Australia day, after a busy December / January period.

Some of the comments on this thread got me thinking that really there could be much more to it.

What is a beer that is essentially Australian? That represents it, historically, culturally, and something that takes in the evolution of beer? ingredients wise, how do you make it all Australian?

Any thoughts?

Fear.

Have you read the Australian IA thread?
Australia day means many different things to many different people, pretty hard to pin down.

The quintessential aussie hop is POR. ..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

dmac said:
Have you read the Australian IPA thread?
Australia day means many different things to many different people, pretty hard to pin down.

The quintessential aussie hop is POR. ..

Yeh Dmac,
It does mean many things to many people, and that's why I am not sure? So I threw it out there to see what other brewers thought.

I was thinking POR, and I love that hop. Would be happy to use that hop for right through the whole brew. Get some nice fresh flowers, yum.

But what about Ale versus Lager?

Dark, Light or Amber..

Can it be nailed down. I don't know?

Are there native ingredients to use that would characterise the beer rather than the colour?

Fear

Back