My all grain (BIAB) no chill beers are all really bad...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gallery_7239_412_34116.jpg

FTFY

that last picture sums it up for me. Sierra Nevada.... whatever.

dent said:
Limiting one's aim to brewing cheap hooch will not foster as many good discussions such as these.
That's why I now brew Pruno out of Aldi Apple Juice inoculated with the scrapings off the insole from my volleys.

WhiteLomu said:
Going back a few pages now, 'pink stain remover' is actually trisodium phosphate (probably chlorinated) and is an excellent cleaning product.
Alkaline enough to saponify the fats in your skin even in a dilute solution.
Cheers
Gavin
Has been working good for me, but we were just told it is no good earlier on. :ph34r:
There's an awesome quote floating around thats something along the lines of "I didn't know everything i did in life was wrong, until there were internet forums" - just had a google looking for it but couldn't find it. Pretty much sums it up though :beer:

mattdean4130 said:
Has been working good for me, but we were just told it is no good earlier on. :ph34r:
There's an awesome quote floating around thats something along the lines of "I didn't know everything i did in life was wrong, until there were internet forums" - just had a google looking for it but couldn't find it. Pretty much sums it up though :beer:
Pink stain remover is chlorinated, which really precludes its use on stainless as it will corrode the metal. That is why it is not used by many homebrewers. PBW (or napisan) can however be used on anything and everything and that is why I personally use it and ditched the PSR after one use on a plastic fermenter way back when.

You said it on the internet so it must be a lie.

Rowy said:
Just lobbed onto this thread and haven't read too much but /// do you advocate Swiss voile or nylon as the best material for a bag. I mean you being an educated man and all.........and a beer expert............I was just wondering how us poor dumb uneducated mofo's get by. Like if I could pay like $100 to sniff your jocks that you wore to the brewery today I'm sure I'd be such a better brewer. I'd be dumberer than you of course because I don't have a brewing degree.........or is that qual from a TAFE or maybe a similar institution that gives out qualifications in homeopathy or tantric sex!
You'll understand that I am too busy organizing my collection of tantric books to give you find the answers you seek as you crawl from the evolutionary pond ... you have found the internet, that is a good start, now try for this thing called google ...

/// said:
You'll understand that I am too busy organizing my collection of tantric books to give you find the answers you seek as you crawl from the evolutionary pond ... you have found the internet, that is a good start, now try for this thing called google ...
I hope your brewing is better than your English.

did anyone get to the bottom of what was wrong with the beer? Did he take a grav reading ?? I was trying to find the answer in between the slinging match but couldn't find it amongst the haters.
anyone?

hahah wow.. yeah. A lot of frustrated peeps. What happened in the chinese bulk buy?

/// said:
Beers a food, better quality raw materials usually means a better outcome I though. Not everything settles out. Poor milling and cloudy worts are an indicator of dissolved lipids from the husk, affecting head rentention and clarity. In bigger brewhouses excess proteins, again dissolved, bind filters and again clarity in the short and long term (colloidal stability) ... list goes on ...
Thanks for the response and I appreciate you sticking around..
I've never suffered from poor head retention except for one unfortunate experiment with cacao nibs, and my beers are always clear as day after a couple of weeks in the keg (yeast dependant / I don't filter). As for filters clogging, not an issue.
So at the moment from your post I've got long term colloidal stability issues (which may be, because I haven't had a keg that's lasted longer than a few months). I am however interested in the list that goes on. Care to elaborate?

Damien13 said:
hahah wow.. yeah. A lot of frustrated peeps. What happened in the chinese bulk buy?
Search the forum for it. Block out a couple of hours, get a beer and sit back for a wild ride!!

Liam_snorkel said:
Thanks for the response and I appreciate you sticking around..
I've never suffered from poor head retention except for one unfortunate experiment with cacao nibs, and my beers are always clear as day after a couple of weeks in the keg (yeast dependant / I don't filter). As for filters clogging, not an issue.
So at the moment from your post I've got long term colloidal stability issues (which may be, because I haven't had a keg that's lasted longer than a few months). I am however interested in the list that goes on. Care to elaborate?

...but don't use big words. Liams got a low IQ ;)

GalBrew said:
Search the forum for it. Block out a couple of hours, get a beer and sit back for a wild ride!!
hhahah ok, I will have to wait for a slow day at work. I like a good blow up.

Latest posts

Back