My AG set up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveHQ

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of my AG set up

I'm nearly good to go, I'm gunna do a "dry run" this weekend and just boil some water to see if there is any potential problems

Then if everything goes well, I'll buy some grains and have a go next weekend :)

. image.jpg

Dave, there was no need to build a stand, you could have come and borrowed the collection of bricks and pieces of scrap that I am still using after 6 years of all grain :ph34r: .

Looks great btw.

I'm having trouble uploading pics, I might try and add some more later

I've cut the top out of the keg and shaped it to fit a old frying pan lid

Everything has been bought from swapmeets or op shops, the only new thing I bought was the 2m of voile from spotlight :)

Total cost so far is $150, for now I'll siphon the wort out and probably just buy the grains pre milled, I'll add a tap and buy a mill at a later date

billygoat said:
Dave, you'll be able to have a brew ready for the gathering at Lecters on the 14th July.Look forward to trying it.
At this stage I think my first brew will be Dr Smurto's golden ale recipe, if all goes well I'll most defiantly bring some to Richy's place!

exact same set up as me mate, works a treat! you have just given me inspiration to build a stand with left over scrap I have! beats sitting it on tiles!

eddy22 said:
exact same set up as me mate, works a treat! you have just given me inspiration to build a stand with left over scrap I have! beats sitting it on tiles!
My stand was made out of left over steel from another project

Well i boiled and cooled water, everything works, I'll buy some grains and hops from the HBS tomorrow

The plan is to do my first batch on Friday, hopefully everything goes well :)

Dave,

make sure if you need any spec stuff to message me (or whoever) as well... I'm looking to do a brew Friday as well, otherwise I might have dropped around haha!

Good luck with it all...make sure to take as many notes as you can be bothered with so you can start dialling in/calibrating the set up.

ONYA! :beerbang:

daveHQ said:
At this stage I think my first brew will be Dr Smurto's golden ale recipe, if all goes well I'll most defiantly bring some to Richy's place!
You'll need some choc malt for that. I can help you out :ph34r:

Deano gave me a few bags or crystal and torrified wheat, I also bought a few kgs of various stuff from g&g earlier in the week

I'll be buying the JW trad ale from the HBS as well as hops. And yeast

BTW, thanks for the help getting me started Richy, I really appreciate it!

daveHQ said:
I'll be buying the JW trad ale from the HBS as well as hops.
Dave, I've got heaps of JW trad at the moment. If you want some for a batch let me know. I've got a mill too if you need it crushed. Might be a bit late as I notice you say you're brewing Friday.

Anyway if that's of assistance let me know.

Herbo, I've already bought everything I need from the HBS, and used there mill, but I'll keep you in mind for next time :)

Moad, I like your idea!!

Latest posts

Back