My 3v Setup For Now...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish13

Reaction score
i finally got round to finishing it using it.

the HLT is a 20L birko, the mash tun is the 15L stock pot with some foam wrapped around it and then kettle is the 20L pot from the olds until i sort out something.... starting to thinking of a bigger pot for full batches now.

DSCN9989.JPG

Lookin good mate. How did your first brew go?

now here it is ready to go. i have fitted the shower head though but that is the plan this weekend

DSCN9990.JPG

Lookin good mate. How did your first brew go?

it went okay very little temp drop

didn't even measure sg..... dam mate with my test tube...

made volume though and i think it is fermenting away.....

was very happy as no bag to squeeze!!!

took a while to boil as the soup was o the stove so kept it on the fireplace to keep warm.

it went okay very little temp drop

didn't even measure sg..... dam mate with my test tube...

made volume though and i think it is fermenting away.....

was very happy as no bag to squeeze!!!

took a while to boil as the soup was o the stove so kept it on the fireplace to keep warm.

Bugger the soup! Beer takes stove priority!

Looks good, 3V rocks :icon_cheers:

i like that insulation, where'd you get it and how did you affix it?

i like that insulation, where'd you get it and how did you affix it?

Sera,
That looks to me like the insulation i used to have on my kettle. I bought it from Clark Rubber, it was fairly expensive (around $40 per lineal metre i think) and is adhesive backed, peel and stick.
Cheers

Sera,
That looks to me like the insulation i used to have on my kettle. I bought it from Clark Rubber, it was fairly expensive (around $40 per lineal metre i think) and is adhesive backed, peel and stick.
Cheers

bingo ep28 i think it is. at $40/Lm not cheap but it comes in many thickness and i grabbed the one with the adhesive backing.

Back