• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

my 2c

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

badg3er

Reaction score
okies.... in the knowledge that this is a new forum, under development, take this as constructive critisism.

1) the number of different areas are too great -- i think for ease of use... especially early on in development of this site, you and your new community would be better served by consolidating a few. Over time, it will become obvious which subjects need their own area, and which ones dont.

2a) The FAQ's... i dont think the current one is particularly well constructed -- IMO you need to title what each paragraph is anwsering to enable people like me to quickly scroll thru for the answer i am after, rather than having to read the guff that i am not interested in at the time

2b) The FAQ's focus is narrow, but i am sure you already knew that --- wrt to point one --- this is one section i think you do away with and include FAQ's in the defferent sections ...

*edit* --- i meant the newbie section is not required --- that is what i thought the more general sections should be for -- and forum area should focus more on more in depth "veteran" brewer type things if anything at all

more later :)

dane

Reaction score
I agree, I am thinking of combining the two kitchen topics until there is great talk in that area....and possibly merging one of the top 4 topics.

I will be doing a fair bit of work on the board today and that will probably be done by days end.

THE FAQ was something that I quickly put together just so the board intially had something to offer. I am no pro, only on my second kit, as it was just a quick record of pretty much what I had been advised to do for my first batches. When I get some time I will break the FAQ up into different sections as well as adding the final stuff - racking, bottling etc.

Later this week I will probably ask members if they want to help out with a aussiehomebrewer FAQ and we can pull together everyone's info and knowledge and formulate a better FAQ.

Thanks for the info :)

badg3er

Reaction score
... i would be happy to help out, i am a prolific forum whore, even have my own column here -- i do not have great brewing skills, but am quite good at putting things together coherantly if you need assistance. --- i'll even spell check important stuff

dane

Reaction score
As you can see in the News and Announcements section i have shuffled/moved some of the forums around, hopefully this will help fill things out a bit. As we grow we can easily add new/different sections.

I will probably be installing a spell-check mod today, I know I will get some good use out of the mod

/me is a very lazy typer :D

Latest posts