Quantcast

my 2c

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

badg3er

Reaction score
okies.... in the knowledge that this is a new forum, under development, take this as constructive critisism.

1) the number of different areas are too great -- i think for ease of use... especially early on in development of this site, you and your new community would be better served by consolidating a few. Over time, it will become obvious which subjects need their own area, and which ones dont.

2a) The FAQ's... i dont think the current one is particularly well constructed -- IMO you need to title what each paragraph is anwsering to enable people like me to quickly scroll thru for the answer i am after, rather than having to read the guff that i am not interested in at the time

2b) The FAQ's focus is narrow, but i am sure you already knew that --- wrt to point one --- this is one section i think you do away with and include FAQ's in the defferent sections ...

*edit* --- i meant the newbie section is not required --- that is what i thought the more general sections should be for -- and forum area should focus more on more in depth "veteran" brewer type things if anything at all

more later :)

dane

Reaction score
I agree, I am thinking of combining the two kitchen topics until there is great talk in that area....and possibly merging one of the top 4 topics.

I will be doing a fair bit of work on the board today and that will probably be done by days end.

THE FAQ was something that I quickly put together just so the board intially had something to offer. I am no pro, only on my second kit, as it was just a quick record of pretty much what I had been advised to do for my first batches. When I get some time I will break the FAQ up into different sections as well as adding the final stuff - racking, bottling etc.

Later this week I will probably ask members if they want to help out with a aussiehomebrewer FAQ and we can pull together everyone's info and knowledge and formulate a better FAQ.

Thanks for the info :)

badg3er

Reaction score
... i would be happy to help out, i am a prolific forum whore, even have my own column here -- i do not have great brewing skills, but am quite good at putting things together coherantly if you need assistance. --- i'll even spell check important stuff

dane

Reaction score
As you can see in the News and Announcements section i have shuffled/moved some of the forums around, hopefully this will help fill things out a bit. As we grow we can easily add new/different sections.

I will probably be installing a spell-check mod today, I know I will get some good use out of the mod

/me is a very lazy typer :D

Latest posts