Murrays Imperial Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
Here's one to try if you can get to one of these venues

MURRAYS SPARTACUS IMPERIAL IPA

10% abv. Over 100 IBU.

A huge, in-your-face, over-the-top brew. Too many hops additions to count. A big showcase of New Zealand Riwaka and Motueka hops flowers and pellets. As many as we could squeeze in.

Big but dangerously drinkable!

Very limited supply. DRAUGHT ONLY perfect for growlers!

Available from this Saturday 25 September at:
Murrays Brewery 3443 Nelson Bay Rd, Bobs Farm (Port Stephens)
The Local Taphouse Sydney and Melbourne
Beer Deluxe Melbourne
Biero Bar, Melbourne

No affiliation blah

just got that email too!!

Man I wish I was closer to the taphouse.. Would love to try all these one off beers from what I think is Australia's best brewery...

heading up next week while off work. might have to grab a growler

Contacted the Local Taphouse Syd to see if they'd have it tapped for Friday lunch.
Unfortunately not ;(

Doc

"Whaaarrrrr, bo, hoo,....."
:(

Wot about us?

Surely there has to be some cash left after the Labor spend-a-thon, how about some funding to relocate Murrays to Brisbane?

Cheers

PAul

Think further north!!

Give us alternatives to XXXX Gold, pleeeeease..... :(

(other than my HB)

old mans in port stephens on holiday atm and is bringing a growler back with him,woo hoo,really looking forward to this one.

Got wind of this brew last time I was up there, filling up on the Angry Man brown ale...which was fantastic.
I'll be heading up to the brewery this weekend, growlers in tow, fo shizzle.

The best I can get when I go to the Tin Shed on a Sunday afternoon is Carlton Black :huh:

Tooheys Spew?????

There is a desperate need for a mass-produced good option up north.
(otherwise Ned comes down here :party: )

Here's one to try if you can get to one of these venues

MURRAYS SPARTACUS IMPERIAL IPA

10% abv. Over 100 IBU.

A huge, in-your-face, over-the-top brew. Too many hops additions to count. A big showcase of New Zealand Riwaka and Motueka hops flowers and pellets. As many as we could squeeze in.

Big but dangerously drinkable!

Very limited supply. DRAUGHT ONLY perfect for growlers!

Available from this Saturday 25 September at:
Murrays Brewery 3443 Nelson Bay Rd, Bobs Farm (Port Stephens)
The Local Taphouse Sydney and Melbourne
Beer Deluxe Melbourne
Biero Bar, Melbourne

No affiliation blah
so it's available at three places in melbourne and one place in sydney.

I'm going past Murrays Brewery on Friday on my way back south, so a Saturday release won't do me much good. I might call them and see if I can buy a growler of the Sparticus on the way through, can only try.

I was out at the brewery last Thursday, the Pale ale and 2IPA were standouts. The food is well worth the trip as well especially their salt and pepper calimari. I rationed my take away 4 pack of the 2IPA to one a day but it was gone all too fast haha.

Cheerz Wabster

Murray's are definitely doing a good job on hyping up their beer with these limited releases. For me anyway. Seems all I've had is Murray's on the f'ing brain lately!!!

Especially after i visited the Brewery a few weeks ago.

Can't make it to the taphouse this weekend so it's bloody cruel thinking about drinking SPARTACUS!

I'm tempted to get some Wild Thing too!

Lucky i've still got 4 2IPA's left for the weekend, along with a few Nivana's & Whale Ales :)
...and some Stone & Wood Draught Ale. & Hopefully some LC Oatmeal Stout after a drive to Waitara.

Contacted the Local Taphouse Syd to see if they'd have it tapped for Friday lunch.
Unfortunately not ;(
Doc

Was going to call them to ask the exact same thing...

hmmmm

I had a couple of these yesterday afternoon. It is a really good beer. If you can try it make sure you do. The 10% is well hidden but don't drive after a couple.

Well done Shawn :icon_cheers:

I've just got back from Murrays after sampling their wares on this glorious day. Sparticus is rather special! I can here the Growler calling me from the fridge now. Also great news for those that enjoyed the Pumpkin beer at Bitter & Twisted last year...its coming back on for Murrays Halloween Party. Woo Hoo.

Back