• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Murrays Belgian Beer Dinner

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

mikk

Reaction score
Murrays Belgian Beer dinner was on in Manly last night, & i thought i'd share the menu with those that couldn't go. Not to be mean or anything (much!), but just to show the sort of thing that Murrays are doing. I won't bother with giving a blow by blow account of the beers/food except to say that the standouts for me were-

*the barrel-aged Grand Cru. A whole different animal to the standard Grand Cru, far superior in my opinion.
*the barrel-aged Imperious. Probably the highlight of the night. Best beer, best food pairing.
*the Horror. An exercise in insanity. I actually couldn't finish mine, but the flavours were so intense & unique. Unreleasable (i imagine) commercially, it was ideal for a night like last night for people to try something genuinely crazy & special.

Foodwise, the beetroot-cured trout was the pick of the bunch for me.

All-in-all, a very enjoyable night. Great to see the the knowledge & passion for beer that Murray & Shawn& co so obviously have.
Highly recommended.

Murrays Belgian Beer Dinner

Fresh shucked Pacific Oyster with gin & lemon granita

Murrays Libertine - French Farmhouse Ale 5 % abv

Faux Foie Gras Parfait, pineapple ceviche & spiced crackers

Murrays Punk Monk - Belgio Summer Ale 7.5% abv

Beetroot juice cured Ocean Trout, slow cooked &

served on Wasabi foam

Murrays Grand Cru Belgian Tripel/Strong Ale 8.8 % abv

Pork Belly, fennel & saffron Cassoulet

Murrays Barrel Aged Grand Cru

Duo of Passionfruit Gelato & Jelly

Murrays Barrel Aged Imperious - Oak Aged Belgian Blond Ale

11% abv

Hawkesbury River Magret Duck breast, celeriac, candied walnuts, griottes & water cress

Murrays Dubbel - Abbey style Dubbel 8.5% abv

Belgian chocolate mousse & coffee foam

Murrays Belgian Strong Dark Ale - Abbey Style Strong Dark Ale 11% abv

Trio of blue cheese board

Roquefort, Tarago, Gorgonzola

Spiced pear puree, port-soaked figs & biscuits

The Horror:100% Brett-fermented Imperial Stout/12.8% abv

Latest posts