Murray's Angry Man Pa - Lupulin Overload?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyane

Reaction score
I love the flavours in this beer. Searched it on the forums and can see it's one of those love it or hate it things.

Anyway, what I wanna know is:
Why can I drink a 6 pack of Coopers Sparkling 5.8% abv and still be sober as a judge,
then, another day though not necessarily the next day (and I have repeated the experiment so as to further validate my research) I have a mere 5 or 6 schooners of Angry Man, 5% abv, and fall off my bike on the way home from the pub (well not twice, the second time I got a lift home but would probably have fallen off if I had attempted to ride).

What's going on here? Is it the hops? Are they grown in NZ close to some other stuff that Kiwis like to grow? Or am I reaching narcosis from the lupulis?

Cheers

I love the flavours in this beer. Searched it on the forums and can see it's one of those love it or hate it things.

Anyway, what I wanna know is:
Why can I drink a 6 pack of Coopers Sparkling 5.8% abv and still be sober as a judge,
then, another day though not necessarily the next day (and I have repeated the experiment so as to further validate my research) I have a mere 5 or 6 schooners of Angry Man, 5% abv, and fall off my bike on the way home from the pub (well not twice, the second time I got a lift home but would probably have fallen off if I had attempted to ride).

What's going on here? Is it the hops? Are they grown in NZ close to some other stuff that Kiwis like to grow? Or am I reaching narcosis from the lupulis?

Cheers
I think this experiment has too many unaccounted variables.
I find that this level of wobbliness is normally related to lack of food and under-consumption of other fluids (e.g. water) prior to the session and during the session.

Maybe it's due to the beer being brewed by the winner of the Best Brewer award for 2012. Congrats, Shawn.

speed that you consume something makes a huge difference

Latest posts

Back