Muntons / Morgans Pilsner Cans

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaypes

It is, a nice!
Reaction score
I've used the Mangrove Jacks Pils kit twice (with brew enhancer) and it was a really nice drop, I'd recommend that one, it was quite a hoppy beer with a nice bitter aftertaste.

Did you add anything extra? Or was it just the can + enhancer?

The Golden Saaz pilsener is my choice of kit beers. Nice easy session beer with a good Saaz zing. Quite a few non-homebrew drinkers were almost complimentary about it. :) Now that I gave some Saaz hops in the freezer I'm tempted to throw some in as a dry hop whilst cold conditioning. If some is good, then sure surely more is better!

I used the kit + kit yeast + 1kg brew-booster and used temp controlled fermentation at 13 degrees and then cold conditioned at 1 degree for 5 days, then filtered into keg and force carbonated in 4 degree keg fridge for 5 days. So I suppose you could say lagering for 10 days.

It definitely got better towards the end of the keg so I'd like to cold condition it for 3 or 4 weeks before drinking, but honestly who can wait that long. Maybe with my new keg fridge which will allow about 4 kegs in it.

Thanks, I was leaning towards the Morgans - will give it a shot

I used the Thomas Coopers pilsner kit from my LHBS.. They had the morgans as well but i stuck with coopers. I infused some saaz hops and meant to dry hop more saaz but didn't. Next time I will dry hop the saaz as well.
If you go with the morgans, let us know the results..

Latest posts

Back