Muntons Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Am a lucky boy, Mrs got me for Xmas heap of home brew stuff including 2 muntons kits, the first muntons contential lager and the second Muntons export Pilsener.

Just wondering if any knows the yeast they come with, seem bigger than the coopers yeast? Otherwise am thinking of grabbing a saflager s23 and maybe an appropriate pilsener yeast.

Unrelated, am brewing a Canadian Blonde ATM with S23 and 7 days in its still fermentating hard at 12.5 degree's, is that right?

Hope everyones having a good xmas :)

Yes, I'd generally leave it for 10-14 days. I've brewed with Munton's Connoisseur range including the pilsner. I've never used the yeast they come with. I was using the pilsner as a base for a saison, so I was using a belgian saison yeast instead.

Hey Guys.

Am a lucky boy, Mrs got me for Xmas heap of home brew stuff including 2 muntons kits, the first muntons contential lager and the second Muntons export Pilsener.

Just wondering if any knows the yeast they come with, seem bigger than the coopers yeast? Otherwise am thinking of grabbing a saflager s23 and maybe an appropriate pilsener yeast.

Unrelated, am brewing a Canadian Blonde ATM with S23 and 7 days in its still fermentating hard at 12.5 degree's, is that right?

Hope everyones having a good xmas :)

Hi Mate,

I am just about to do the Munton's Irish Cream Ale Kit. The advice I got from the brew shop I go to is that the yeast in these kits is pretty good. I usually do away with the kit yeast and use US-05 however I am going to use the Munton's kit yeast in this one to see how it goes. Hopefully the advice I received is accurate! I'll let you know how it turns out down the track.

Cheers,
Brad

My homebrew guy advised that its a normal kit yeast able to be fermented at the usual 18-28 degree range, maybe for their ales such as that it's different, I've gone a wyeast pils yeast that I'll make a good starter too, split in 2 and use for both the pils and lager I reckon.

Drinking my Irish Cream Ale at the moment. Not the worst beer I have ever tasted but would definitely make a couple of adjustments next time. Method I used was:

1 X Muntons Irish Cream Ale Kit
500g Dextrose
500g LDM
Kit Yeast Only
Fermented at 20C for 20 days

Will use 1KG LDM next time with no dextrose and throw in US-05 yeast along with the kit yeast. Anyone have any suggestions for dry hopping???

Mate for that type of beer make sure you put aside some to try at 8 and 12 weeks.

I have a spreadsheet where I note all ingredients and taste notes 4-8-12, some are best at different points.

Mate for that type of beer make sure you put aside some to try at 8 and 12 weeks.

I have a spreadsheet where I note all ingredients and taste notes 4-8-12, some are best at different points.
Will do mate.... Cheers. Have noticed it has improved a lot since I tried it 2 weeks after bottling then 2 weeks later again. Can only imagine it will continue to get better! Would love to know if others have had decent results with a similar recipe??

Latest posts

Back