Muntons Gold Continental Pilsner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alimac23

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone had ever made the Muntons Gold continental pilsner before?

I'm thinking of going and picking up a kit either tonight or tomorrow as i've got a batch of fremantle bright ale ready to bottle which will leave me with an empty fermenter.

If not has anyone made any kits recently that they thought were particularly great? Looking for some new ideas on what to make next.

I'm bottling this baby tonight. Looks great, nice aroma and the taste is promising.

I'm bottling this baby tonight. Looks great, nice aroma and the taste is promising.

Awesome i tried to get hold of a kit at the weekend but my LHBS said they are phasing these kits out in favour of the Mangrove Jacks and Brew Craft kits so i ended up going with the Hoegaarden clone.

Let me know how it turns out, if it's all good then i'll order one fro the internet.

Awesome i tried to get hold of a kit at the weekend but my LHBS said they are phasing these kits out in favour of the Mangrove Jacks and Brew Craft kits so i ended up going with the Hoegaarden clone.

Let me know how it turns out, if it's all good then i'll order one fro the internet.

I've only just tasted this as I've been on the road and unfortunately no where near as special as I'd expected. I'm going to pass it by my LHBS bloke as it just lacks flavour and finish. Convenient with just the two cans of sludge but either I've done something wrong (probably) or it needs something else (likely).

If your looking for a great kit beer, i couldnt go past the morgans blue mountain lager. I turned this into a hallertau pilsner and it was exceptionally nice indeed.

Latest posts

Back