Munich Malt Extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Beer me up, Scotty!
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get straight Munich Malt Extract (dry or liquid) in Brisbane?

Cheers - Snow

Snow, I'm no expert but I **THINK** I remember reading on grumpies forum a while ago GT saying you cannot get munich extract at all..

I would check out the Black Rock and Morgans lines - I do recall seeing some specialty malt extract and Munich would be quite easy to make.

Wes

Snow,

If you turn up anything, let us know.

cheers...
DB

Snow,

Maybe not quite what you're looking for but Morgans Master blend chocolate malt contains 15% Chocolate Malt Grain and 85% Munich Malt Grain being 200g Chocolate grain and 1150g Munich - & their Master Blend Roasted Black Malt contains 12% Roasted Black Malt grain and 88% Munich being, 160g Roasted and 1190g of Munich grain. Could help when the additional dark malt doesn't put your recipe out of spec...

First thing I looked at was the Morgans blends. Hopefully he's not doing an o'fest...

Hey thanks, Ross. I actually wanted to do a Bock partial mash, so the Morgans might just do the trick. I'm sure a bit of Chocolate malt in the recipe won't throw it too far off spec.

Cheers - Snow

Back