Multiple Kegs From The One Cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunkel_Boy

Reaction score
How easy is it to do this?
Can I easily buy a three-way connector, should I use two t-pieces?
I notice check/one-way valves on a few, are these really needed if your connector lock valves are working properly?

You can just use multiple T pieces, a maifold is neater though.
Although notnecessary, one way valves are a great idea - i for one have forced beer backwards through my regulator, which runs a big risk of both infection and stuffing the reg.

Tell me more about manifolds, sounds like what I need.
Can I buy the fittings and braze them together with some pipe?

Dunkel

I sell one way valves - use just after Reg.

Manifolds are sweet - i have a six way manifold with individual NPT Ball valves.
If u do a search in the trading post - their is a pic - they retail for 135.00ea but i sell them for 110.00....
3 ways cost almost as much as u have to buy all the individual components and build it up.

GMKenterprises

ken, how much for 2 one way valves?

That price is about what I expected.
As I saw it, I'd operate all three/four kegs from the one regulator, have the regulator > manifold > one-way valves > lines/kegs... I know that's probably a bad idea, but it means I just have to buy one regulator, and means beer won't mix and I can protect my regulator at the same time. Can I buy fittings from you as well?
Cheers,
Adrian

u only need 1 x one way valve...price is 18.50 ea or 2 for 35.00

Conect straight after the reg.

I also sell plastic disconects - 15.00 ea or 2 for 27.50.
And lots of SS Shinny stuff....

GMKenterprises.

Hmmm, having one one-way protects the regulator, yes, but as I see it (my picture may be wrong) it does not prevent beer mixing. Now if your equipment downstream is working fine and you hook everything up properly, mixing of beer in the manifold won't happen, however by putting one-way valves on the manifold on the downstream/beer side, instead of one on the regulator side, you're stopping beer mixing, and protecting the manifold in the one action. At least that's the way I see it, I can get confused easily...

OK

The Manifold is a CO2 Gas Manifold Only - ie one Input - multiple outlets.

This may help clear the confusion.

Pubs use beer manifolds if they want to send beer to more tahn one font...

Homebrewers dont usually want to do this.

Yeah, I understand that, I know it would work fine with a single one-way valve between the manifold and regulator, as long as you didn't mix your beer/gas lines up or get a faulty lock connector and get beer coming up the gas line into the manifold... that would suck. The chances of that can be reduced with some common sense, but accidents do happen. I originally though a manifold like an intake plenum of the car would be the go, one input on the end and as many outputs as you want up the length of the manifold, but somebody said you don't want beer coming up and the only way to stop that is check valves on each of the outputs... makes sense to me, you don't need one on the input of the manifold that way, but you've got to buy an extra few valves. I'll get to work on my kegerator then see what my options are with the manifold. Cheers for your help.

OK - i am with u now on the one way check valves.

Who has bought one of these from GMK?
Happy with it?

Batz

sold 2 of the manifolds - checked teh one in operation in Canberra - very nice.

i think asher has the other one - plus my own taht is not installed yet.
Sold 4 of the check valves - i am using one.

I recieved one of these manifolds today from GMK , as well as some other bits and pieces.

I am thrilled will this manifold great stuff and good value , cheers Kenny ! :D

I did make a manifold (3 outlet) sometime ago out of fittings , looks like a piece of cr&p compared to the GMK model , I would recommend one of these to anyone thinking of a multiple keg setup.

Taps and fitting I ordered are secondhand , top condition and good value too.

You do somethings correct Kenny , hop additions are not one of them :lol:

Batz

You do somethings correct Kenny , hop additions are not one of them

Batz

hahahah :lol: dont u like handfulls - i want to see some pics when it is set up.

I can use the 3 setup u made if u want to get rid of it....

dont mention the free stuff u got either Batz... :blink: otherwise everyone will want something free as well.... :ph34r:

GMK said:
dont mention the free stuff u got either Batz... :blink: otherwise everyone will want something free as well.... :ph34r:
[post="49980"][/post]​

What a giveaway, now that YOU mentioned the free stuff GMK I want some too! :p

C&B
TDA

GMK - do you have a webpage anywhere?

It sounds like you can supply some neat stuff but I never really know what toys I want until I see them ;-)

No just pm me with u r making/contemplating and i will see if i have/can get some stuff to help you out ?

wouldnt mind seeing some photos of the stuff you can get ken.ie the manifolds.
if not perhaps batz could post a pic or two so we can have a look. ;)

cheers
big d

Hi everyone,

Can any one provide a picture of a multi keg gas manifold?

I want to run at least 5 kegs on gas.

Id like shut off valves so I can gas at a higher pressure eg 40 psi but have the other kegs turned off but still pour under their own pressure.

I could disconnect the gas on the kegs not being gassed but that would be too easy.

Im gearing up for OKTOBERFEST, we are hiring a marquee and having a Spitroast for about 40 people, AHB members are welcome to attend.

Cheers,

DS

Found this on www.morebeer.com it allows for different pressures to be used. Can any one get me one? GMK? (see Pic) 2243.jpg

Latest posts

Back