Muga's Portable Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one wortgames - you may have persuaded me to do it the same way - I need a 75 to 100 ml hole to run all my lines out of, to my new bar. Through the seal is no good, because they need to be bound together & lagged, as the freezer will be outside with the lines coming through the wall.

Cheers for the pic mate :super:

No worries Ross, what are mates for :party:

Sounds like a big hole though, you might struggle to find a gap that big between coils (especially if you have internal condenser lines). My old freezer has copper lines but you'll probably find most newer ones have aluminium. I'm sure they can be bent out of the way a bit but you'll need to be careful!

Maybe a collar is a better option for you if you're not too pushed for space?

Wortgames said:
No worries Ross, what are mates for :party:

Sounds like a big hole though, you might struggle to find a gap that big between coils (especially if you have internal condenser lines). My old freezer has copper lines but you'll probably find most newer ones have aluminium. I'm sure they can be bent out of the way a bit but you'll need to be careful!

Maybe a collar is a better option for you if you're not too pushed for space?
[post="90444"][/post]​

Yeah, you may be right - To be honest, straight through the lid's looking favourite - will just look a bit ugly...

Ross said:
Nice one wortgames - you may have persuaded me to do it the same way - I need a 75 to 100 ml hole to run all my lines out of, to my new bar. Through the seal is no good, because they need to be bound together & lagged, as the freezer will be outside with the lines coming through the wall.

Cheers for the pic mate :super:
[post="90436"][/post]​

Ross,
I have four running under the lid seal. Can't see why 10 would cause a problem
cheers
Darren

Thunderlips said:
One other thing Muga, how do you have the flooded font working?
I'm not sure if I'm going to go the way of flooded yet or not. Is it difficult at all? I'd imagine you'd need some kind of pump. Is it noisy?
I'm all questions today :)
The other line I see inside your freezers lid, is that for the drip tray?
Thanks.
[post="90403"][/post]​
I have an aquarium pump sitting in a bucket of water with one line connected to the pump, other sitting in the bucket - works well, keeps the lines nice and icy. I can't hear it at all, it cost me $10 from an aquarium store and it's 320LPH so it moves more than enough water.

Yep, the other line is for the drip tray, just feeds into a 3L container after 2 days of operation it has only around 120ml in it, pretty good seeing I havn't got the gas tweaked to it's best yet.

I'll have to look in to this wooden collar idea, it seems like the goods!

:party:

Thunderlips said:
Thanks guys. Now that I think of it, I remember seeing a picture of someones chest freezer and he had drilled a hole in the side of the lid and another hole through the inside top of the lid.

[post="90401"][/post]​

Like mine???

Gas_line_into_the_lid.jpg

That looks like the goods Linz!
Once I get the wood on the top of the lid I'll seal over that hole and put one through the rear of it :)

and thats an airlock grommet around the hole to save on cutting thru the gas line

I've decided to go with a timber insert under the lid - don't really want to cut holes through the lid/or side - also by raising the height by about 150mm I will be able to store 2 cubes on top of each other. got to be finished before the w/e, so I'll post pics if successful...

Latest posts

Back