Mudgee Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piraterum

Reaction score
Tried Mudgee IPA a few weeks back at Paddy's Hop Festival and was impressed. Had a couple of schooners at the Schwartz Brewery (AKA Macquarie Hotel) in Sydney and was still impressed. It's a beer with plenty of flavour both in the malt and hop department yet goes down easily.

According to their website "The most recent addition to the list of Seasonal Brews is our IPA, which is hopped with a brand new type of hops that has been brought in direct from the United States, known as Citrus. This hop has provided amazing aromas and flavours to this full-bodied beer. "

Anyone tried this hop? Is it similar to Centennial, Ahtanum or Citra ?

http://www.mudgeebrewing.com.au/The-Beer/M...cial-Brews.aspx

Mudgee Brewing has been around for years! Good brew when you can get them, which for me was the two times I've driven through Mudgee...

Tried Mudgee IPA a few weeks back at Paddy's Hop Festival and was impressed. Had a couple of schooners at the Schwartz Brewery (AKA Macquarie Hotel) in Sydney and was still impressed. It's a beer with plenty of flavour both in the malt and hop department yet goes down easily.

According to their website "The most recent addition to the list of Seasonal Brews is our IPA, which is hopped with a brand new type of hops that has been brought in direct from the United States, known as Citrus. This hop has provided amazing aromas and flavours to this full-bodied beer. "

Anyone tried this hop? Is it similar to Centennial, Ahtanum or Citra ?

http://www.mudgeebrewing.com.au/The-Beer/M...cial-Brews.aspx
The hop used is Citra. Its a typo on the website.

The hop used is Citra. Its a typo on the website.

Haha I was thinking surely you can't name a hop Citrus ;)

If you ever googled citrus hops you'd get suggestions of all hops with a citrus flavour

I didnt even realize Mudgee had a brewery! Do you know of any liquor stores that stock their beer?

You'll be hard pressed to find their beers other than locally as they are a fairly small outfit.

Worth a weekend out there. The beer is good and they've got a good selection on tap. They tend to brew a bit of seasonal stuff too, so their lineup changes from time-to-time. Food is pretty good too and there is often some good live music. Plenty of nice wine out that way as well.

The Good Beer Guys Beer Adventures Brewery Tour visited 21st March. A great line up, couple of ho hum beers but the IPA and Imperial Stout were very very good. Well done Gay Leonard!!!

Screwy

I've never had luck with Mudgee beers. On 3 separate occasions over the last four years I've had my hands on a few of their beers and they've always been infected.

I'd still try the IPA but I'm starting to get low expectations with these guys.

Back