Msb Nut Brown Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Hi There,

Tonight I tried a MSB Nut Brown Ale that has been bottled for almost six weeks. The beer was black, not a copper colour as suggested on the maltshovelbrewing website. The taste was unlike the Amber Ale, more of a stout taste, but I can not be for certain, as I am not a big stout drinker.

Has anyone experienced this before? I can not imagine the wrong label being put on the concentrate. :unsure: :unsure:

Cheers,
Jase

bring around a bottle or two and I'll tell you

from my hazy memory, i thought it tasted similar to the James Squire Porter

I've made this and tasted it (far too young, I confess).
It was rather darker than I had expected (compared to, for example, the Muntons Nut Brown that used to be my favourite beer).
Good flavour (again, not what I expected).
I'll try another one soon-ish and report back.
If you want to try another MSB, the Dark Roast Ale is an absolute ripper. My only regret is that I made a half-brew, rather than 30 big bottles.

I have sold a few of these, and may even keep a couple of these on the shelves.

Reaction is always favorable, but the price $17.95 for 11.5L is always a big obstacle

Another form of Brown Ale can be made with our Adelaide Brown Ale Pack that includes some rather special grains and hops and gives a nice light brown ale

Jovial Monk

i have the esb 3kg nut brown kit in hte keg at the moment. i brewed it with WLP023. I am very happy with it to say the least.
As for the MSB kits the deep roast ale is a really good kit and should please.

I did one with 250g of crystal. Very nice.

Latest posts

Back