MS Office 2013 Special

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianh

Reaction score
Grab your copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 or Mac office 2011 for $15. This pricing is only for eligible email accounts with company/education emails.

Also works with hotmail accounts but will cost you $30, because you will have to buy both the download and DVD backup copy. Use any @hotmail.com address and then Program code 05383F4FAC.

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/91344

If you want more info Google

MS Office 2013 Special PC

Yep. Libre office is free.And reads/writes MS Office files. And isn't quite so bloated.

Cheers
Dave

Yes... but Libre Office is actually free...rather than just pirated.

Just so you know, that program code belongs to someone else, a legitimate customer who has purchased corporate licenses.
This program is designed to allow employees of that company to install office at home.
It is not for any Joe Blow on the web to use.
This is no different to installing Office using someone else's CD & Product Key.
It is against the license agreement, and puts the legitimate owner in some deep shit.

I could care less about people installing pirate software (don't ask me whether I've got a HDD full of movies), but I don't agree with using someone else's codes and getting them in shit with Microsoft, putting their business in jeopardy.

This is how the program is meant to work.

M$ dont deserve anyone to buy their products.

Libre/Oo was designed so that it didnt matter who your are, anyone can use it.

M$ use the whole "corporate" thing to ensure that all the companies employees use M$ products to try and dominate the market.

Oldest trick in the book.

**** and I just bought it today for over $100. And I opened the packaging about an hour ago. Fucky **** ****.

mikec said:
Just so you know, that program code belongs to someone else, a legitimate customer who has purchased corporate licenses.
This program is designed to allow employees of that company to install office at home.
It is not for any Joe Blow on the web to use.
This is no different to installing Office using someone else's CD & Product Key.
It is against the license agreement, and puts the legitimate owner in some deep shit.

I could care less about people installing pirate software (don't ask me whether I've got a HDD full of movies), but I don't agree with using someone else's codes and getting them in shit with Microsoft, putting their business in jeopardy.

This is how the program is meant to work.
If you look at the Google info on Whirlpool this is from Microsoft. I have downloaded it using a hotmail email address. People have rung Microsoft Australia to verify and claim back monies wrongly charged.

All I do is present it for your consideration.

Airgead said:
And reads/writes MS Office files.
Sometimes not very well though. .doc and .docx files with anything but the simplest formatting always comes out all up the shit. Had to fire up win8 for that very reason today.

For $15 I'm probably gonna grab it (after I verify mikec's issue for myself). At least one subject at uni per semester forces me into the win environment so it'll be handy to have.

Google informs me that it doesn't work with RMIT student emails but it does with staff emails. Seems to verify mikec's position above - especially given Microsoft's generally generous attitude to distributing free software to students.

My work has a similar license agreement. We can purchase "Work at home Software kits" - Any Windows OS, Office, Adobe CS 5 etc for $15.

And no you cant have it :p

IMO those cheap M$ licences have an analog in the illicit drug dealer handing out free product samples.

Libre Office is a "fork" off Open Office, which continues to be available as Apache Open Office (it's the only one I've used for several years). Libre is now the default office product included with Linux distributions.
As a Tafe then Uni student I used MS Office heavily all the way from Office 2.0 right up to Office XP and really I can't see much that you can't do in OO.

Unless you're doing complex documents (in which case Word is crap) or HUGE spreadsheets (Excel too slow) google docs or skydrive docs does it all, the latter I believe can even open doc and xls files... and it's all free and in the cloud.

Except google owns all info put on gooogle docs. Read the t&c. Its the only bad thing about it

citymorgue2 said:
Except google owns all info put on gooogle docs. Read the t&c. Its the only bad thing about it
If your phone is an Android you've got WAY bigger problems than that. Have a look at what data they're allowed to grab.

Bribie G said:
Libre Office is a "fork" off Open Office, which continues to be available as Apache Open Office (it's the only one I've used for several years). Libre is now the default office product included with Linux distributions.
As a Tafe then Uni student I used MS Office heavily all the way from Office 2.0 right up to Office XP and really I can't see much that you can't do in OO.

Similarly, I cannot for the life of me find any difference between Adobe CS 2.0 and CS 5.0 (bare in mind im not a graphic designer), yet the former is available free for download and the other they want $2500+ for.