Mr Beer 50c a can recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gedii

Reaction score
Hi Brewers,

I recently picked up several Mr Beer extract cans (850g) for 50c each. The best before date is still good so I couldn't pass up a bargain. I'm looking for half decent recipes to pimp out this very cheap extract to serve my mates so they stop smashing my experimental brews! It's pretty much a session beer with reasonable taste I'm after. The lads throw $20 in a tin and it's all you can drink at mine (obviously I'm looking to make some money back from the buggers). I have some bits hanging around that I don't mind throwing in the pot and they include the following:

- Ale malt BB
- Crystal Pale Malt TF
- Chocolate Pale Malt B
- Cascade
- Amarillo
- Willamette
- Dex

Mr Beer cans
- 5 x American Ale
- 8 x American Porter
- 22 American Light

Yes, the checkout chick looked at me weird when I rolled up with a trolley load. Cleared the whole shelf!

Anyone got an old recipe that worked out well for them?

Cheers,

Pete.

Sorry don't have a recipe but holy crap 35 cans haha! Thats the best how bloody long is it going to take you to brew all that!?

Use them the same as you would a coopers kit.. Coopers bought Mr Beer out a while back and now put there own goo in the cans. So adjust quantities and away you go.

My friends have drunk enough of my beer without paying a dime. I do the work. They pay. I buy more gear / ingredients for more beer. The cycle continues.

wereprawn said:
Use them the same as you would a coopers kit.. Coopers bought Mr Beer out a while back and now put there own goo in the cans. So adjust quantities and away you go.
I tried finding out from Coopers what was in the Mr Beer cans (i.e. does classic American Light = Canadian blonde, etc) but couldn't get an answer.

You all see 35 brews, but I see 17 and a half toucan brews! A dollar a brew for full flavoured, full strength beer, you cant go wrong. Why not try a can of the ale, a can of the light, and the cascade and amarillo dry hopped for an american pale ale?

Gedii said:
The lads throw $20 in a tin and it's all you can drink at mine (obviously I'm looking to make some money back from the buggers).
Surely you mean the lads throw $20 in a tin to cover the cost of the pig on a spit you've got planned? What with selling alcohol without a licence being illegal and all :ph34r:

JDW81 said:
Surely you mean the lads throw $20 in a tin to cover the cost of the pig on a spit you've got planned? What with selling alcohol without a licence being illegal and all :ph34r:
Hehe. We do chicken wings. Lots of them.

brewbienewbie said:
Where was this? I don't usually brew kit but for 50c hell yeah I'll knock some out.
Target. I think they are running out the stock for good.

Gedii said:
Hehe. We do chicken wings. Lots of them.
Thought that's what you meant.

Carry on.

Anyone have any luck with these? the american light has been tipped twice.

Just wondering Gedii, Which Target did you clean out?

If it wasn't my local one then I might pop in there tomorrow and do something similar...

Back