Mpx5010 Pressure Sensor / Volume Measurement

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andytork

Reaction score
All,

Has anyone any real world experience with the freescale 5010 sensors. Got one hooked up today to write some software for and what I see is the pressure dropping over time.

This of course would suggest a leak of course. I can confirm I don't have a leak

Hooked it up with / without bubbler / with / without non-return valves. Appears to drop 0.01v every 30 seconds or so until it pretty much hits atmosphere (around 0.08v) . My voltmeter is not the best, but the arduino shows the same so not worried about the exact voltages, more the unexpected change.

I have tried a couple of sensors, different tube.

All the ones I see on the net have a stable reading, why is mine out ?

Any suggestions ?

All,

Has anyone any real world experience with the freescale 5010 sensors. Got one hooked up today to write some software for and what I see is the pressure dropping over time.

This of course would suggest a leak of course. I can confirm I don't have a leak

Hooked it up with / without bubbler / with / without non-return valves. Appears to drop 0.01v every 30 seconds or so until it pretty much hits atmosphere (around 0.08v) . My voltmeter is not the best, but the arduino shows the same so not worried about the exact voltages, more the unexpected change.

I have tried a couple of sensors, different tube.

All the ones I see on the net have a stable reading, why is mine out ?

Any suggestions ?

Will confess to knowing absolutely nothing about your query.

Could it by the off chance relate to temp decrease in a sealed unit = reduced pressure??

And i digress!

No,

the temp is not coming into play, its a constant loss, if it was getting hotter I would expect temp to go up

Will confess to knowing absolutely nothing about your query.

Could it by the off chance relate to temp decrease in a sealed unit = reduced pressure??

And i digress!

Opened a support query with freescale, basically they said "they do leak a little", seal it

Latest posts

Back