Moving to Mildura

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Reaction score
So in a bit over a weeks time I'll be living and working in Mildura.
Research has led me to believe the "Mallee Mashers" haven't been a functioning group for many years and I'm just wondering what sought of AG brewing scene there is in the area currently?
I've seen the name "Mayor of Mildura" a few times on the forum but are there any others?

Yob said:
Watcha doing with the shop nibbo?
As of Saturday week, the shop will be empty and the doors will be closed.

much sadness... all the best with Mildura mate...

the MM3 I got from you is kickin arse, many thanks :party:

Nibbo ! I believe my taps from the Perlick 545 buy run by 'Bridges' were from you? Many thanks, if so.

I'm up in Mildura quite often working bees commercially (my FIL is in Golgol). In fact, I'll be around heaps late July through August for Almond pollination around Robinvale.
I'd be up for a beer on any given Saturday. There's not really a massive choice, other than the Mildura brewery, though.
Other than that, there's the LHBS (don't know the street) near the roundabout/bridge. They might help.

Edit- You're around Barwon Heads ? Something is forming in my ethanol/lupulin swamp I call a brain....

get in touch with Mayor of Mildura member, been active in swaps and should be able to hook you up on the local scene pretty quickly

^^+1
Mayor of Mildura & Awesome Fury have been active at a few of the last swaps.
See if you can wheedle some Flanders Red out of them.

Just don't let the near a texta :ph34r:

Yob said:
much sadness... all the best with Mildura mate...

the MM3 I got from you is kickin arse, many thanks :party:
Rad, I'm glad the beast is doing its job.

Danwood said:
Nibbo ! I believe my taps from the Perlick 545 buy run by 'Bridges' were from you? Many thanks, if so.

I'm up in Mildura quite often working bees commercially (my FIL is in Golgol). In fact, I'll be around heaps late July through August for Almond pollination around Robinvale.
I'd be up for a beer on any given Saturday. There's not really a massive choice, other than the Mildura brewery, though.
Other than that, there's the LHBS (don't know the street) near the roundabout/bridge. They might help.

Edit- You're around Barwon Heads ? Something is forming in my ethanol/lupulin swamp I call a brain....
I've visited the brewery a few times now in the last month and will probably spend a bit more time there on my first week whilst I'm stag.
Happy to meet up for a beer or two down the track.

Yob said:
get in touch with Mayor of Mildura member, been active in swaps and should be able to hook you up on the local scene pretty quickly
technobabble66 said:
^^+1
Mayor of Mildura & Awesome Fury have been active at a few of the last swaps.
See if you can wheedle some Flanders Red out of them.

Just don't let the near a texta :ph34r:
Thanks lads, I'll make sure to contact them...

Cheers

Hi Nibbo

What the others have said is pretty much spot on.

I've never had anything to do with the mallee mashers. I reckon that they are no more.

The homebrew store is pretty good. http://www.milduraezybrew.com.au/ . Deb that runs it is pretty good value. They are more of a kit and kilo type place though. They have kegging gear and and do gas refils, dry yeast in the fridge etc. I order grain and hops online.

Patto (awesome fury) and I brew together every few months. We make a day out of it and brew in bulk. We have a bit of an agricultural 3 v system and knock out 120l batches. These are an open invite sort of thing. Next time we brew i'll let you know. Always good to catch up for a beer.

We also have been known to do road trips to various Vic and SA case swaps.

Cheers

Mayor,

A brew day sounds good...
My rig does a comfortable 80 litres and is certainly not a pretty unit. I haven't had much of chance to run it over the last couple years so I'll be having fun relearning it again...
I'll meet up with you soon...
Cheers

Latest posts

Back