Moving my RIMS Hoses Around Like a Snake Charmer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Econwatson

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm having real trouble connecting my hoses up to my RIMS system. The attachments don't spin so as I am tightening one end of the hose, the other one is becoming tangled up. Do I just need to get hose attachments that rotate or am I doing something fundamentally stupid?

Thanks for your help!

Are you using hose tail fittings? If so leave the fittings attached to the hardware and twist the hoses off for cleaning. Or go camlocks or quick disconnects. Extra cost but oh so worthwhile.

My god, These are exactly what I need! I will fit two of them to my pump and be laughing all the way to the bank! Shame it's not in time for my maiden brew on the new rig, but hopefully for the next one.

Thanks for your help! :)

Can you tighten up one end then put a ' reverse twist ' in the hose so you can do up the other end? ( so it unwinds as you tighten it up if you get what i mean... )Depending on whether you are adding and removing hoses all the time or just leaving them attached of course. ..

You people are full of amazing ideas! So I tighten the hose on one side and then put some twists the opposite way from where I will be twisting? Why didn't I think of that?!

This is brilliant! Pretty drunk at the moment watching District 9 on TV but this idea is just tops!

So excited to brew on the new rig tomorrow :)

Am I reading this correctly, that you are fixing the hoses to the hosetails and screwing/unscrewing them when you want to move the hose?

As Camo6 said, leave the hosetails in place and push/pull the hoses on/off when you need to move them. I keep a small screwdriver in my pocket to tighten the hose clamps as needed, but will most likely get some that have a plastic wingnut so they can be tightened with fingers.

Unscrewing the hosetail repeatedly will muck up the seal on the thread tape and you'll get leaks.

Latest posts

Back