Moving Kegs In And Out Of Fridge?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Browne

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thinking seriously about getting a keg setup!
My problem is I'm limited in space and only have room for 1 fridge that I currently use to ferment in during summer.
My question is will my keged beer be affected if I move it out of the fridge for a week or two while I ferment in the warmer summer months then put it back in again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Matt

This gets asked fairly regularly.

Generally consensus is not a problem moving them around. Same as fridging a bottle and then taking it out.

It will affect the storage life of the beer if its warm (compared to if its kept cool) but at the rate most of us drink here, I'd say that would barely be a problem.

EDIT: BTW, go kegs. After pulling your first beer from the keg. The money you spent will be null and void at the happiness you feel.

Thanks Eviljesus for the reply.
Glad to hear it can be done without major dramas.
Cheers

Purge the oxygen from your kegs (as you should either way) and you'll be right. After I chill (in my keggerator) the fresh wort from a brewday, I drive it up the rd to my fermenting fridges. Not the same thing, but puts me in a similar boat as it would be easier to ferment on site and store the kegs meanwhile, however, no beer on tap for a couple of weeks?! Hmm deal breaker!

Back