Mounting Ball Valves

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
In design stages for my brew rig and on the boil side of things I need some assistance.

As it's a new rig and nothing is proven, I want the gas burner to be height adjustable, so i'm planning on hooking it up with a braided 'hooker' pipe. I want to run from bottle to a ball valve with std regulator hose, then from ball valve to burner with the 'hooker'.

Question: How do i mount the valve? normally a ball valve is held in place by a firm pipe/wall of vessel, but this one will have flexi pipes either side.

cheers

Never heard of controlling gas flow with a ball valve. Most people have a high pressure regulator to control gas flow to burners.

I've been told by others i will get some flow control with a ball valve (defies logic to me, flow control and balls don't go together, needle yes) but my main purpose for it is for quick/emergency off and easier lighting/igniting control..

I'd be really surprised if the threads in the BBQ gas line and the "braided hooker pipe" whatever that is (and if it comes with a male end to fit into the ball valve) will fit into a standard run of the mill ball valve. Maybe it will but have my doubts. I reckon your best place to visit would be BCF, they have a lot of LPG gear there and you may be able to knock something up. Personally, when I had my gas fired rig, the bottle was close enough to the burner to be able to control the flame from the reg on the bottle.

I'd prolly check a few of the yanky forums I have seen this done for flow control on some rigs on places like HBT but haven't really looked closely, some of these also had electronic valves, pilots and failsafes also for automation, check out the brewtroller site specifically the rigs thread might be helpfull.
MB

Latest posts

Back