Mounting A Ds18b20?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat007

Reaction score
So I'm looking into various ways to mount my DS18B20 temp probes.

I'm after some tips on mounting them inside the HLT, inside the HEX, the re-entry of MLT from the HEX coil, inside the grain bed of the MLT, the exit of the CFC and inside the BK.

I currently have the bare naked DS18B20 probes....

There are some notes around from peoples various build threads that briefly cover one or maybe two of the places I'm wanting to install mine into. But short of trolling through hundreds more pages (and worried my boss will notice I spend all day looking through the same forum, and it's a beer forum, not an IT one haha), I'm wondering if we can make a dedicated thread for temp probe installation ideas - and hopefully some real life examples that work!

Or maybe there's already a thread about this and I've overlooked it?

This seems like a pretty simple idea. I wouldn't exactly expect it to stay sanitary for long though.

Thoughts/tips/tricks on mounting temp probes in these locations?

Cheers
Hunt

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm looking into various ways to mount my DS18B20 temp probes.

I'm after some tips on mounting them inside the HLT, inside the HEX, the re-entry of MLT from the HEX coil, inside the grain bed of the MLT, the exit of the CFC and inside the BK.

I currently have the bare naked DS18B20 probes....

There are some notes around from peoples various build threads that briefly cover one or maybe two of the places I'm wanting to install mine into. But short of trolling through hundreds more pages (and worried my boss will notice I spend all day looking through the same forum, and it's a beer forum, not an IT one haha), I'm wondering if we can make a dedicated thread for temp probe installation ideas - and hopefully some real life examples that work!

Or maybe there's already a thread about this and I've overlooked it?

This seems like a pretty simple idea. I wouldn't exactly expect it to stay sanitary for long though.

Thoughts/tips/tricks on mounting temp probes in these locations?

Cheers
Hunt

The only (obvious) tip I can give is to use a thermowell like the keg-king stainless ones. Drill a hole, mount, insert probe (use thermal paste for more permanent mounting).

Oh, and to trick the boss, use a CSS changer every now and then so the forum doesn't look the same. :D :lol:

Change CSS on the fly

Last edited by a moderator:
You could use the thermowell, but they get expensive by the time you mount a couple
or
Grab some of these stainless ones and use a compression fitting to mount it.

QldKev

brewershardware.com sell thermowells and probe ends if you already have a DS18?20 you want to mount.

Latest posts

Back