Mountain Goat Tour!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well didn't see jimmy01... but did see a certain lurker of the forum.... :D

had a ball had 6 half pints fopr free copious amounts of food and got a shirt... what a night! and i bought a couple of stubbies of mountain goat too

i quite like the hightail ale, bought a stubby of the ipa and was a little disappointed but their stout was great!

I was there - as Dave - my real name. Introduced myself to Perry at the beginning of the night. Don't think you were there at that time. Sorry I didn't get round to catching up with you.

I also had a great night. Had some great beer - High Tail Ale was better off the tap than when I have had it out of stubbies. Also scored a shirt and met some nice people. Surprised how young Dave & Cam are.

Thanks Dave & Cam for a great night. Good to see Brissie wasn't forgotten

Cheers :)

Bugger!!! thought this was Friday night, I could have gone.
Though if Ben went, he's probably glad i didn't, as I led him astray slightly last time B)

cheers Ross

Yes, and this time I was a good boy and left nice and earlyish...
It was a good night again. My mate from work might have been slighly bemused by the constant talk of beer but he enjoyed all the same...
I had a good chat to Mark Lawson their distributor again and his business is going very well, expansion on the horizon...
All good news for the beer scene in Brisbane!!!

Good to see you again Ben, although today I'm wishing I'd left when you did. It's good to see that we all brought mates along to expose to good beers.

Caught up with the Goat blokes at Young and Jacksons last Friday.
Free T-Shirt and a couple of hours of free Hightail beer.
Also tried ther IPA which was on tap there, an excellent beer using Pacif Gem as there bittering hops and NZ Cascade as there Flavour/Aroma Hops.
They also told me they use POR and US Cascade in the Hightail brew.
These blokes were great, they were even prepared to tell me the grain bill, but by that stage i was three parts cut.

Thanks to the Goat Boys, Dave and Cam

Rook

Did any of you guys get to chat (or at least mention to) Dave and Cam about the problem some of you have been having with overcarbonation of their beers.

I think they are quite keen to explain that quality problem they have had, but they sure would appreciate your feedback.

Not sure if the other venues are getting it or not but word according to the wheaty is we have a keg of 'double' hightail ale. :beer: :chug:

Was over in Melbourne for work last week and managed to get out to the brewery for Friday night show. They had gthe double on tap but only the regular Hightail was free. It was a great atmosphere at the brewery, full of people, good music, free BBQ and free Hightail (which went very quickly).

I also tried the Double Hightail and the BigFoot Stout. The BigFoot was very nice, but I prefered the regular Hightail to the Double (tried them side by side). The regular was cleaner and better balanced. The hops didn't come though as much in the Double as they seemed to get masked by the extra malt. The mouthfeel on the double was too full bodied for my liking.

I'll be at the Wheatie this Wednesday for a second session.

Cheers
MAH

Who got along to this last nite?
Sadly school nites lately for me are just too hard ATM to get out for a session so had to give it a miss. Emergency baby sitters I can sometimes swing but a few hours on the sherbets is pushing it. :huh:

If theres any double hightail left today maybe I'll go for some early afternoon ones.

The double Hightail ran out, the hand pump got a work out! It was replaced by Sure Foot.

man there was no double hightail in qld... :(

and they cut off the free drinks before the keg emptied... but im pretty sure that was the pub not the boys :D

Any sandpeople heading to the paddo for this tonight???

Who got along to this last nite?

Hi Jayse

I made it down to the Wheatie along with several other local brewers. It was a very orderly affair, with people queing to get their free double hightails. I think being off hand pump it lasted a lot longer as it too longer to pour. People were able to go back for 3 or 4 glasses, so I think it was much appreciated.

Have to say I still prefer the standard hightail to the double.

I topped the night off with a pint of the standard hightail, a couple fresh LCPA off tap and a bottle of Emersons IPA.

Top night.

Cheers
MAH

Like a true nerd, straight home and onto the internets!

Thanks Dave and Cam for organising this.

Thanks to Cameron for bringing the beer over to Perth.

Thanks to the blokes from Little Creatures (Ash I can remember, the others, I'm sorry!) for the great chat and bottle opener!

Thanks to Dan from Mash, nice to meet you.

Thanks to Dean from Colonial, but make sure you start up the big blow again :)

And the biggest thanks in the night to Brendon from Feral, keep brewing the best beer in Perth.

Cheers guys,

Jason.

Back