Mountain Goat Goodies At The Wheatsheaf!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
News from the Wheatsheaf>>>>

The Mountain Goat boys have been good enough to swing us a couple of kegs of their experimental brews; an almost Russian Imperial Stout style Surefoot and a maltier, more IPA like India Pale Ale.

Well be pouring a single keg of each over the next two weekends.

“Bigfoot� Stout (6.2% ABV)

Saturday 8th Sept from 5pm

Bigger, hairier brother of Surefoot. Similar grist bill but no lactose addition allows the character of darker malts to come to the fore. Chocolate and licorice notes, well rounded body and a tight finish. Goat Boy Cam

IPA mark II (5.5% ABV)

Saturday 15th Sept from 5pm

German Wayerman organic malt and a small percentage of crystal leads to a darker golden hue and a hint of toffee on the palate. Organic Cascade hops at 8.6% alpha acids give the beer a resinous, stone fruit aroma. Goat Boy Cam

On for as long as they last!

I gather I'll see some of you drunkards beer lovers there on those dates.

The Goats so called Organic IPA is hardly an IPA by any guidelines, more like a Pale Ale on the high end of the IBU's so hopefully this MKII hits the mark :) and finds its way into bottles...anyone had the Beechworth IPA? Now theres an IPA worth bottling

i heard they couldn't get the organic ale malt so used organic pils malt instead. that may be why the colour is a little light.

Hope these are good batches... ;)

May be able to hit the IPA on the 15th hopefully.

I will be there. They have free wireless via Internode there now. So I will take my laptop, jump on chat and let everyone who can't be there know what they are like.

sweet! thanks for the tip off Aaron! now I can completely nerd it up at the Wheatie.

The Goats so called Organic IPA is hardly an IPA by any guidelines, more like a Pale Ale on the high end of the IBU's so hopefully this MKII hits the mark :) and finds its way into bottles...anyone had the Beechworth IPA? Now theres an IPA worth bottling

Don't know if the IPA mkII is a experimental batch aimed at maybe one day changing the ussual IPA or just a one of brew for shits and giggles. From memory the IPA is or was pacific gem and this IPA is cascade so it sounds like just a one of brew so no chance of bottles. The goat website hasn't been updated since july so nothing on it there.
With the cascade alpha up around 8 odd it must be NZ or maybe tassie. Been liking those hops lately in the matilda bay alpha and the moo brew, quite resinous and fresh, just like sticking your nose into the bag of fresh hops.

Where is the Wheatsheaf?

George st Thebarton, just a long javelin throw from the city....the city of Adelaide that is :p

I will be there. They have free wireless via Internode there now. So I will take my laptop, jump on chat and let everyone who can't be there know what they are like.

Latest posts

Back