Mountain Goat Brewery Visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backlane Brewery

Reaction score
We are planning to go to an open night at the new Mountain Goat brewery in Richmond, sometime in Jan/Feb.
Any other Melbourne based members want to come along? We could be the official AHB delegation.
Post here or PM me to sort out details.

Count The Duke as a starter.
Always meant to get to the other one......from memory, first friday of every month.
Never tried the beer but would be intrested in the excursion.

cheers B.Brewery

The Duke said:
Always meant to get to the other one......from memory, first friday of every month.
Now open every Friday. Count me in if it's late Jan onward.

Just got this in a very friendly & helpful email exchange with Cam at the Goat:
We're now open every Fri eve from 5pm - midnite and you guys are most welcome. We'll also be holding beer tasting/appreciation evenings on Wednesdays next year.
Hmm, choices, choices...Friday or Wednesday?

the wednesday sounds like a better night for us. We could just say that we are off to an evening lecture.

Count me in. Im a fan of their beers and Ive been meaning to drop into the brewery for a couple of pints. Wednesday could be good, but Im happy either way. Might have to bring along a mate to educate.

just wanted to drag this 'un back to the top before all the Melb. AHBers go home and knock off a few in this 30o heat...mid Jan?early Feb?? PM me please.

Am also lining up a "Brew & Q" day in conjunction with the Melbourne BBQ Appreciation Society if anyone is interested...that's a match made in heaven.

I'm sure a delegation from the Pyssedas Heavy Industrial group of brewers could be organised - they have a most impressive set of teeth and are often seen to drink in public - do we know how many people the good people of the land of goat like to have in their premises at any one time?

May I be so bold as to suggest that we aim for the last week of january [just by way of starting to firm up a date] what do people think about the monday v. wednesday issue?

Back to the top...does the first Friday in Feb suit everyone? I have work & parenting issues for the next few weeks. <_<
There are 3 convenient meeting points- the Royal Oak in Bridge Rd, Terminus in Victoria Pde or the Royston in North St.
The Royston gets my vote- it seems to be across the street from the Goat.
So, that's Melways ref. 2H G5, on Friday Feb 4 2005, at about 6.30pm.

Please PM me to confirm so I can give them a heads up on numbers, and give you a mobile number in case anyone gets lost or distracted & wanders into DT's by mistake... :(

Back to the back to the top again... come on guys, you won't get to see me modelling the latest in BLB menswear if you don't make it along.
I do need to give them numbers if there are likely to be more than a few of us.

Back to the top...does the first Friday in Feb suit everyone? I have work & parenting issues for the next few weeks.
There are 3 convenient meeting points- the Royal Oak in Bridge Rd, Terminus in Victoria Pde or the Royston in North St.
The Royston gets my vote- it seems to be across the street from the Goat.
So, that's Melways ref. 2H G5, on Friday Feb 4 2005, at about 6.30pm.

Please PM me to confirm so I can give them a heads up on numbers, and give you a mobile number in case anyone gets lost or distracted & wanders into DT's by mistake...

Any train station near the royston?

Duke, you may have to tram it & then leg the last couple of hundred metres, either from Victoria Parade or Bridge Rd.
See map- the red star marks the spot.

genmap.JPG

Just bumping this back to the top....should be at least a dozen of us there- see illustration below.

:chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug:
Anyone who wants to come along is welcome.

newsflash......

The Duke has to pull out due to a beaut family work BBQ. To make matters worse I may be forced to drink the complimentary VB's.

What type of a cruel God would let this happen?

sorry lads.

To make matters worse I may be forced to drink the complimentary VB's.
What type of a cruel God would let this happen?

Jeez Duke I know it's been hot lately but don't you have ANY of your stash left? :blink:
There were hundreds knocking around the day I visited- every cupboard & flat surface in the house was crammed!

Load up the esky & soldier on. We'll be thinking of you...

Have just heard that DaGr of the Pyssedas Empire is close to finishing his report on last Friday's fun.
The night we met the TISM of Melbourne HB in a huge happy bar...with photos. Watch this space.

Back