Mountain Goat Brewery Visit - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowanb

Reaction score
Was there on Friday. What a great setup and well supported. We arrived just on 5pm and the place filled up in no time. We tried the pale ale, fancy pants & IPA. Also had their steam ale through a randall containing nelson sauvin - wonderfully aromatic and delicious - quite transformative. I'd certainly return - wish I could have been there on a Wednesday evening for the tour.

rowan

Was there on Friday. What a great setup and well supported. We arrived just on 5pm and the place filled up in no time. We tried the pale ale, fancy pants & IPA. Also had their steam ale through a randall containing nelson sauvin - wonderfully aromatic and delicious - quite transformative. I'd certainly return - wish I could have been there on a Wednesday evening for the tour.
rowan

The randall was even better on wednesday. i believe they where fresh motueka dropped in there moments earlier. :icon_drool2:

I couldn't believe how packed it was on wednesday as well as friday (i happened to be there both days last week.) The IPA is supurb and fancy pants hits a swet spot with me. reminds me of my first AG's as they where mainly American Ambers. :wub:

Mountain Goat was one of the places I didn't get to when I was down there. It wasa the holidays and many of the places were closed down anyway, and the wife said the trip wasn't all about beer. Maybe next time...

and the wife said the trip wasn't all about beer. Maybe next time...

I feel sorry for you. When SWMBO has accured enough leave at her new job she has promised to take me to the US for a beer holiday! :wub:

Are the open, for drinking only not the brewery tour, on other nights beside Wednesday and Friday ? (I looked at the site, it's probably there but I can't see it)

I was planing on heading there for a couple on Satdy week ?

thanks
Matt

Latest posts

Back