Mountain Goat Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewman

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Mountain Goat Beer. It apparently comes from melbourne and it has a fruity aroma??? :D

Cheers,
Mick

Yep. I've tried a couple of there brews about a year ago too, not bad. Tis a shame though, as I didnt rate them (didnt know about rating beer at that time). I remember enjoying them though.
I cant get them in WA anymore now :( Noone brings them over here.

http://www.goatbeer.com.au

i noticed that u get a good deal on mountain goat from the realbeer.com.au
site.

$60per case delivered, (some areas may have additional charges)

but thats $10 cheaper than what my work sells it for not including freight.

may be worth a look.

Cheers, I'll take a look into it.

Mountain Goat Hightail Ale is really good. I tried both the hightail ale and the pale ale at this years international beer awards festival.
The Corner Hotel in Richmond, Melbourne, has it on tap.

I think I saw that at "Liquor on Parade" on Anzac pde Kingsford. Just down from Souths juniors,on the same side

PS who do you work for nicko?

Here is the little info that I have recorded from when I met Dave and Cam when they were in Sydney for a beer tasting of Goat Beer last year.

Hightail Ale
An English inspired Amber Ale. It's very much a malt driven ale with solid hop bitterness. The malt emphasis gives it a slightly caramel, well rounded flavour.

Pale Ale
Cloudy straw coloured ale that boasts some punchy hop bitternes and aroma. We ship hops in from Germany which help make this a fantastic summer drinking ale.

Their literature also states they only use barley, hops, water and yeast. Ah, thats nice to hear.

So you will want to brew AG, with maybe some extra crystal in the Amber and some nice fresh German hops in the Pale.

Anyone else want to have a guess?

Cheers,
Doc

Linz said:
I think I saw that at "Liquor on Parade" on Anzac pde Kingsford. Just down from Souths juniors,on the same side

PS who do you work for nicko?
Liquorland direct / vintage cellars online

Back