Mountain Goat Beer In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therook

Reaction score
Just received this email, you Sydney guys may be interested.

GOATS IN SYDNEY Dave and Cam head to Sydney with a keg of
Hightail next week. We'll be at the Australian Hotel in the Rocks
from 5:30pm on Tues 21 Nov. Pop in for a beer on us from 5:30 for
as long as the keg lasts.

Rook

Looks interesting, free decent beer in Sydney, who'd have thought?

Will try to make it down there, definitely.

Myself and Croz should be down there, anyone else?

Did you guys attend?, I was all set then the Mrs pulled the plug, something about it being to hot and windy to be wandering around the city :(

When are those guys going to get the Goat on permanently somewhere in Sydney?.

Was good, the keg ran dry in an hour though - coincidentally about the time people started ordering 10 or more at a time!

Was a nice beer,had a good chat to one of the brewers too, seem to be very much a couple of converted HB'ers!

Yeah - it was a bit rich when that guy asked for 9 beers for his mates. I don't think he had anything to do with the event.

The two brewery partners were pretty relaxed guys. They seemed very interested in everyone there. They have a distributor on Sydney so they are obviously trying to push into the market here. Check out their site. They have a cool night beer and pizza session on their Melbourne premises every Friday night.

It was interesting to hear what they had to say about the issues they come up with trying to maintain consistency from brew to brew.

Yeah - it was a bit rich when that guy asked for 9 beers for his mates. I don't think he had anything to do with the event.

The two brewery partners were pretty relaxed guys. They seemed very interested in everyone there. They have a distributor on Sydney so they are obviously trying to push into the market here. Check out their site. They have a cool night beer and pizza session on their Melbourne premises every Friday night.

It was interesting to hear what they had to say about the issues they come up with trying to maintain consistency from brew to brew.

The Friday nights are pretty good, i would highly recomend it. The last time I went they had the surefoot stout on tap which tasted great.

I'm keen to try out the Bock that they currently have on tap.

I was just wandering past my local Cellarbrations and popped in for a look at their range. I found this on the shelf in the fridge.

Mountain_Goat.jpg

First time I have seen it (and tasted it). SOme of you Sydney folk may already have known, but a heads up for those who didn't. A nice tasty drop.

Cheers.

mmm I invited some friends along and we only saw about 3 middies before the keg finished. we were quite surprised they werent smarter & restricted it to 2 or 3 per person. having one person take 10 beers is a bit silly. sorry i was being unsociable to the ahb crowd, but as above was catching up with some ex-workmates. interestingly, when buying a round, the barman said when the goat keg finished, the crowd disappeared. perhaps they should have goat beer permanently on tap at the aust ?

G'day Redbeard.

Is it the cynic in me or is that people shot through due to the lack of free beer, rather than the fact that the good Goatbeer was no longer on tap?

The way I see it: 1/ free beer runs out; 2/ beer-scabs piss off.

Harsh, I know, but U gotta be honest with yourself. Free beer attracts all sorts of people that you would not normally associate with. Shame that it was actually good beer, coz I'm sure that fact was lost on some people: " I don't care what it tastes like...tastes like crap, but it's free"...

That's OK. No need to answer. It was a rhetorical question.

BTW, I'm a Goatbeer fan, and have been for the last5 or 6 years. Have even been to a beer night at the old brewery in Richmond, on a June long weekend, years ago!

Beerz
Seth :p

Back