Mosaic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gents I dry hopped with this for four days and I can tell you it was too much. My advice with this hop is that it needs a decent malt backbone and I would only dry hop after ferm for a day maybe two at the most. Still tastes great but this hop really does throw some flavour. I double btached this and have a cube left. I'm not going to dry hop this time and work out the difference.

1gm a litre and whilst new it tastes like Yob said. Passionfruit fizz. I'll let it keg condition and see how it goes. Maybe give it another week or 3.

It almost seems like a combination of hop flavours from a few well loved varieties.. citra with a bit of galaxy with a hint of simcoe.. it's feckin awesome..

I removed my Keg hopped bag last night but only had 1 beer and couldnt really trust my taste buds after the half dozen Hop Hogs I'd consumed at pool night.. but it's a frikkin great hop and one Im sure to explore more of it.

:icon_cheers:

Have switched breweries and the one I am at now has done two pales and an ipa single with mosaic, as well as blending it with chinook, citra, nelson and simcoe. There has been someone who has loved every beer, but for me the blends are the best, esp simcoe and citra.

Single hop, this is all BO and armpit for me + Citra. It is a crazy hop, but we aren't getting blueberry. Some people getting onions/garlic (think summit) but everyone is agreeing that it is closest to citra. It is worth trying but I can see it not being for everyone, like galaxy. Haters gonna hate...

Tried Mosaic in a single hop IPA at our last club night on Wednesday night. Awesome, funky hop with passionfruit/grapefruit flavour unlike anything I've tried before. Planning to try this one myself over the next few weeks once the fermenters are empty and I'm ready to brew again.

Just blew my mosaic keg last night, very sad to see it go.. I've go one in the cube but willhave to wait its turn.;. Will probably be a little while till I need to brew again but a mosaic brew is top of the list, possibly a lighter APA to really bring it out to the front...

Got me crazy love for this hop. It's about time that something in the same park as Citra came into bat

Ed: lots of errors… damn phone

I tried the Epic Mosaic IPA the other day; it was one of the best beers I've had in quite a long time.

Very smooth bitterness and the flavour was different to any other hop I've tried before, in a good way :)

Can't wait to brew with it!

I love this hop and did a 30L 8.6% IPA using 300g of hops and it's amazing. Would cut the dry hop back maybe a touch I used 70g for about 4 days I think. As Yob said it is like a combo of hops. You definitely get a lot of the parent hop Simcoe in there. That is why its called Mosaic though because of the mix of flavours in there and the complexity of flavours. Don't think anyone will be figuring how the flavours go lasting in the beer as the beers are just too delicious :icon_drool2:

im going to try an extract pale ale with mosaic. (prob my last extract before i go to grains ect) Ive been spending a bit of time at Kooinda brewery drinking their Mosaic pale and im in love with it. its just amazing. I couldt drink it all day!

Ive got my second brew of mosaic in at the moment, just dry hopped last night so hopefully will be good for the long weekend… pretty sure I've finally found a house recipe as a staple… screw you Amarillo, you've become too self righteous and snobby

are u doing all grain yob?
my bench mark is to get even just a tiny bit close to the kooinda mosaic beer

ahhh crapsh!t i have a hell of a way to go lol. im 5 exract brews in.
im finding my beers are getting better but i believe to get rid of that homebrew taste i need to do all grain.

I did a mosiac smash cube hop it was unreal 90g straight in the cube didnt last long in the keg.

My Mosaic APA is pretty decent - 1st Tassie beer.

I have to avoid opening the cupboard it's in, as it's destined for a case swap.

Good hops, plays with Citra well. It's more cherry, melon, stonefruity, rather than citrus or passionfruit or tropical for me.

Dry hops well as well, 20g as part of 60g (Citra and Cascade) in 16L of beer, good aroma.

This is a staple for me, I think. I really would love to see how it behaves with Nelson Sauvin, but I'm just trying to find time enough to brew to build stocks ATM.

I did a Mosiac SMaSH and it's pretty massive. I would recommend against using them in FWH because it comes out resinous. As a hop bomb near the end of the boil though it's got massive blueberry notes (which was preceded by passionfruit, thank god that's gone).
If you can get 30-50% bitterness from a late addition then you are winning with this hop :)

EDIT: Anyone coming to the VIC case swap in July will experience my AIPA which features a lot of mosaic, if you are interested..

Really keen to try this hop. Has anybody got a good AG IPA recipe that they would care to share ?
I have drunk Epics IPA, loved it, any other commercial beers out there ?

Back